Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is not an S IMHO ... Check out the wheels or the framing of the side rear Window.

You need to blow up the photo. Tesla doesn't make anything else right now. There is a huge Model S Tesla chrome piece across the back. It is most certainly a grey model S. I'm all for individual opinions, but if you blow up the photo I don't think there is any question, unless you are looking at a different photo, or a different car in the photo.

Cheers.

This pair spotted charging at IAD in VA yesterday by a friend.

23944_978903711999_585614463_n.jpg
217977_978903677069_879166842_n.jpg

Last edited:
The top, rear Model S in that pic appears to be Dolphin Grey to me. Does anyone else see it that way? :confused:

That is not an S IMHO ... Check out the wheels or the framing of the side rear Window.

You need to blow up the photo. ...I don't think there is any question, unless you are looking at a different photo, or a different car in the photo.

I think people might be looking at different photos here.

I think clea was talking about this one:
clea1.jpg

Perhaps 49er was talking about a different one? Like the one on the back of the car carrier?

I think people might be looking at different photos here.

I think clea was talking about this one:
View attachment 12070

Perhaps 49er was talking about a different one? Like the one on the back of the car carrier?

49er was definitely talking about the one on the car carrier (it was in reply to that post), and it's definitely a Model S. Not sure if clea was confused what car was being talked about. Since lots of production cars are currently being delivered, it's not too surprising to see one on the car carrier.

49er was definitely talking about the one on the car carrier (it was in reply to that post), and it's definitely a Model S. Not sure if clea was confused what car was being talked about. Since lots of production cars are currently being delivered, it's not too surprising to see one on the car carrier.

As usual TEG was able to correctly translate my confusion ... lazily didn't follow the link with the quoted post and assumed the discussion was around the post immediately above it ... my bad :redface:

Hey @dailydriver, did you ask them to leave it out front, or actually let them park it? What was your experience?

I just let them take it, but I will usually ask if they know what the car is. Surprisingly, a number of the better restaurant valets know what they are dealing with (Gibson's, Hugo's, Sullivan's, Del Frisco's). There was one downtown restaurant where I explained a few things and the guy looked a little perplexed and said he would just leave it. Most places have tended to leave it out front anyway, since the car is still a bit of a novelty and attracts attention (and some of the places know I tip good too :wink:).

Yeah, looks like it could be Dolphin Gray there. I only saw that "color" in bright sunlight where it looked much lighter. I guess under clouds, and in the shadows it starts to look darker.

Spotted my first 2 Model S's on the 405 South over the past week. I was following the Signature Red S in the carpool lane for quite a while....and on a different day, I passed a white S while in the carpool lane. Beautiful cars but boy did they seem big from my little Roadster :) Next time, I will try to take some pics....

Spotted my first 2 Model S's on the 405 South over the past week. I was following the Signature Red S in the carpool lane for quite a while....and on a different day, I passed a white S while in the carpool lane. Beautiful cars but boy did they seem big from my little Roadster :) Next time, I will try to take some pics....

Did one of them have a "4GET OIL" plate? :)