Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought it probably was an S, but would have been cool to see a white X.

I was hoping the weird battery strip would get better blended closer to RC, but if this shot is recent, then so far it's not looking good. In person, and from some angles (especially on a black car), it's not so bad, but in pictures and on light cars, it's very jarring. Makes it look like it has panel alignment issues like ckessel said.

lol, you want a random Model S sighting. here you go. I live in Palo Alto and see them all the time especially on Page Mill Road.

This one was driving in front of me , debadged and pretty dirty. This was taken about 6 months ago before the Beta event in Fremont.

photo.JPG

I was hoping the weird battery strip would get better blended closer to RC, but if this shot is recent, then so far it's not looking good. In person, and from some angles (especially on a black car), it's not so bad, but in pictures and on light cars, it's very jarring. Makes it look like it has panel alignment issues like ckessel said.

We first noted on that under the door strip with it showed up on the Alphas. I'm not sure it actually has anything to do with the battery. I asked about it at the October Fremont event and was told it's an intentional accent detail.

Might be less of an issue on the Performance model. As I understand it the under panel that is now black will be body color on the performance. Hopefully less noticeable.

Hmm, I guess I'd have to see it, but I prefer a bit of contrast. I was hoping to get a white or silver S so the black would have gone nicely. We shall see.

@Doug, poor accent piece IMO on the lighter colors.

They would seriously push a battery-less Model S to park next to a charging station just for a photo-op for somebody on twitter (and not bother putting it on their own feed)? :confused: Skeptical...

Future Charging for Model S 1-phase or 3-phase ?

Hehe, indeed.

That's the one from the Geneva Motor Show btw.

I have been told that it doesn't have a battery in it. I also saw it outside the show and it has been running on a external 12V power supply ;)

There is a Model S Alpha #1 always sitting at the Menlo Park Tesla Motors store. It's an extremely rough cut of the car with everything patched together and looks like a Frankenstein monster up close but I saw it in the window and had to stop in. Have a great chat with Kyle Brazil there, thanks again for all the valuable information Kyle! They follow these forums closely... :)