Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw another S while driving around

I am one of very few model S owners in the Sacramento area, and was driving across the causeway a couple of days ago. What a nice surprise to see another owner drive up next to me!! We are a small group of people these days and I feel that we are automatically comrades on the road. We drove back and forth for a few miles and enjoyed watching each other's cars until it came time for the other owner to get off the freeway. From the map on this forum, it seems there are just a few of us in the valley. Nice seeing you on the road whomever you are in the white Model S from downtown Sac area...

dadaleus: how long did it take until you got your HOV stickers?

- - - Updated - - -

Pulled into the Westin St. Francis in SF Sat afternoon. Valet comes up: "cool...this is our second one today...we park these where people can see them." And points at the other blue one in front of me. Of course they don't have any charging capability yet. However, at $51 per nite for parking that's more than my monthly "eFuel" bill now.

yesterday around 3:45 Thousand Oaks turning onto Kanan from Trader Joes freeway frontage street. Black.

No picture but saw this home page:

Capture.PNG

Hilarious because Tesla is not even listed as a manufacturer.

Saw a record number of Model S today (and was nowhere near work, the factory, or Palo Alto).
Driving north on 101 from Gilroy (Costco run), saw one at the supercharger, then immediately saw a car carrier with 8 on it (only two were covered). About 5 miles north of this, saw another car carrier with 10 on it (only two were covered again).
Sorry, no pics, but it did happen (I was driving in a much too spirited manner to take pics!)

While car pooling in the HOV lane with another EV driver s/b on 280 towards CA 85 into the West Valley last Thursday afternoon between 3:30 and 4, I spotted a white MS ahead of me ... just after I got on at Page Mill Rd. Within minutes at the turn off to Giloy in Cupertiono we passed another one, a grey driven by a woman (with a pony tail...) and finally just before turning off in Saratoga passed another Red Signature. All were occupied by only the driver (no stickers yet), and in all cases (being a loud NY-raised driver) I honked obnoxiously in passing while we waving furiously! The drivers turned their heads, wondering!
For a 25 minute ride - I felt three sitings was impressive! They are becoming more frequent in the Silicon Valley, but still not common place. Go Tesla!
And so much for sharing our exuberance! :biggrin:

Got a text from a friend in Reno last night. She saw a white Model S. She was going to take a picture, but her precocious six-year-old told her it was rude to take a picture without the person knowing it. While trying to explain to her that it was... you know... for science, traffic started moving again and the car turned.

Saw a white MS on the 87N to 101 ramp in this mornings commute. You were in the carpool lane. I had two immediate thoughts when I saw you:

1. Lucky you to use the carpool lane while I'm stuck on this awful connector ramp.
2. Two months from now I'll be the lucky guy in that carpool lane! :biggrin:

I do have to say that for living in Silicon Valley, I don't see as many MSes as you would think. I see a couple around the fruit company in Cupertino near my client's office, and some on the 85 corridor around Sunnyvale/Mountain View/Los Altos, but not too many in the south bay area around San Jose. Maybe I haven't been travelling far enough north to the land of Google and Facebook.

This was my first (and so far only) random Model S sighting in the wild - a Signature Red driving by the Cambridgeside Galleria mall at noon on January 3. I guess there still aren't many in the Boston area, but I will be adding to the tally in a month or two.

photo(4) - Version 2.jpg

My wife txt me saying she saw a silver S driving in the parking lot near Taco Cabana on Wyoming & Momtgomery, but didn't have time to snap a picture. She had never seen one in person before.

tasolomon, terry pierce, someone else on this forum, was this you?

My wife said the silver was really pretty in the sun. Glad we're getting silver too!

My wife txt me saying she saw a silver S driving in the parking lot near Taco Cabana on Wyoming & Momtgomery, but didn't have time to snap a picture. She had never seen one in person before.

tasolomon, terry pierce, someone else on this forum, was this you?

My wife said the silver was really pretty in the sun. Glad we're getting silver too!

Saw my first S in the wild..a silver one behind me westbound on 24 near the Lafayette turnoff...glanced in the rearview mirror and there was no doubt what I was seeing. The silver was an awesome color and I think you will be delighted with it.