Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got to see my first S in the wild *with kids riding in the back in the rear-facing seats* on Embarcadero Rd in Palo Alto. A blue or black S (couldn't tell in the twilight) that didn't have plates yet. Exchanged waves with the little ones who were craning their necks to see through the glass :)

On my way back from lunch today. My friend was driving his non-Tesla because the parking spots are too small, and I'm not allowing doggy bags in the car yet! :)

IMG_7683.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

I've seen a number in the Baltimore area over the past few months:
1. November: signature red; no plates. Driving south on the JFX.
2. December: signature red; tinted windows. Timonium fairgrounds--festival of trees.
3. January: silver; Virginia plates. 95N--just north of Columbia, MD
4. Early Feb: Black; no plates. York Rd--just north of Cranbrook RD.
5. Last week: gray. South on the JFX stuck in traffic.
6. Me. Got my pearl white two weeks ago--and loving it!

Finally saw my first in the wild, driving into Austin airport. Unusual as he had California plates, driving in Texas. His was blue (maybe black, hard to tell). Pretty cool to have 2 driving along together! I don't know if he had the suspension at very low, but the Model S sure hugs the ground. Looks awesome.

2. December: signature red; tinted windows. Timonium fairgrounds--festival of trees.

well it's about time you came here! :biggrin:

Hope you'll be seeing my multi-coat red on the JFX next month, after delivery:) It's my daily commute. I'll keep my eye out for your pearl white. I saw the black twice on the same day, but other than that, nada.

I picked up my Model S this past Saturday at the Tesla store in Westchester, NY. I live in a small town in coastal Connecticut where expensive/exotic cars are quite uncommon. In fact, I was almost certain that I had the only one in town, and probably would for quite some time. So, on Sunday my wife and I went out for brunch with friends who were interested in seeing the car. Partway through the meal, my wife says "Hey, there's a guy at the bar wearing a Tesla cap!" I turned around and there he was. So, as we were getting ready to leave I approached him and asked what the significance of the cap was. He replied "Tesla is the name of a new car, have you heard of it?" I responded that I had picked mine up the day before, and he pointed to the gentleman next to him and said "He got his last week!" I inquired about the color (black/black; mine is grey/tan), we talked some more and we left.

OK, so much for the exclusivity I was so excited about. We walk out to my car and find there is a red Model S parked right behind me! At first I think it belongs to the fellow in the restaurant and realize, no, his is black. At that, the owner of the red car approaches and I compliment him on his car and ask when he got it. He says August. I commented that was certainly one of the earliest cars delivered. He said "Well, my son is the designer!" Turns out this was Frank von Holzhausen, father of Franz. Talk about coincidences! We talked for a bit and and sent my compliments to his son.

A very interesting day. Three Model S's within ten minutes in this modest little town. Maybe a portent of things to come? (wish I had taken photos)

I think I spotted EfxJim coming out of Universal last week! It was a Dolphin Grey Model S, and I think I remember him posting that he works there. I was right behind him in my white MSP and tried to catch up as I was leaving for the day, but traffic thwarted my efforts.

well it's about time you came here! :biggrin:

Big time. I feel like I'm on a color scavenger hunt with the variety I've seen.

Hope you'll be seeing my multi-coat red on the JFX next month, after delivery It's my daily commute. I'll keep my eye out for your pearl white. I saw the black twice on the same day, but other than that, nada.

I drive the reverse commute up to hunt valley every day, so stay sharp! I'll keep an eye out for the red when the day comes for you.

1 & 2 were likely me...I know where I parked at the Festival of Trees....far, far away given the car was only a few weeks old.

I will be on the lookout for you. I have yet to see one in the wild traveling weekly between MD and NJ/NY.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've yet to see an S around my town (even though I know from the Tesla forum that there are at least two)...I've yet to see one driving into/out of NYC (which I've done three times in the last two months)...And I've yet to see one driving around NYC while I've been there. However, I finally saw one parked at a garage in SoHo, a week ago tonight. Black & Tan, 19" wheels, NY plates...Any of you guys? Thankfully it wasn't charging, so I could :) Would have been fun to have met the driver though. And, come summertime where I live, I'm guess that that Model S are going to be like flies...Give all the Range Rovers a run for their money (at least in popularity...We all know there's no contest in speed).

ParkedTeslaNYC.jpg

My first sighting in the entire Portland/Vancouver, WA area ever. 9am, driving West on Hwy-14 (in Vancouver) heading towards the I-5 bridge.

Funny, the day I see this, my Model S is at the service center and I'm driving a Nissan rental. grrrrr…

IMG_1279.jpg

I saw my first Model S today on the way to the gym on Roosevelt Blvd in Philly. I guess my little slow car was going to slow for them since they got in the other lane and passed me lol. My friend was like that is a plain looking car and while I agree the stuff inside is far from it.

I saw my first Model S today on the way to the gym on Roosevelt Blvd in Philly. I guess my little slow car was going to slow for them since they got in the other lane and passed me lol. My friend was like that is a plain looking car and while I agree the stuff inside is far from it.

Different strokes. I think it's a gorgeous and very distinctive looking car.