Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend sent me this photo yesterday, of Kimbal Musk and his X in Boulder.

View attachment 104750

I love at least two things about this:

1. The brotherly circumspection, attempting to find things to pick with the sibling, rivalry, plastered all over his face. Reminds me of family. Good (and bad and all) times.

2. The massive ugly oil stains on the ground where he's standing. They're both better than that in many ways.

Was at the Tesla Palo Alto store yesterday. Peeked in the garage, they had 2 brand new Model X's in there, a white one and a red one. Looked like they were prepping them for delivery. One of the salepeople said he wasn't allowed to touch them. :)

IMG_7141.JPG

I went to the factory boneyard area by the Service Center, and there's an adjacent fenced in area with stored vehicles. I have no idea the disposition of these. They could be mules, dev, rejects, in process staged, shipment staged, etc.. This lineup has doubtless been explored by these forums before, so I think nothing new. No close ups or new info available. The only thing I like is you can see the profile difference between the S&X designs, which is nearly meaningless if they aren't the current designs.
IMG_3504.jpg
IMG_3508.jpg
IMG_3511.jpg
IMG_3506.jpg
Edit: fixed orientation on desktops.

Last edited:
No pic because it was at the owner's house (by random chance, I spotted the car in the driveway and he came out moments later), but I randomly ran into Founders 36 today as I was walking my dog. Super nice guy. He let me check it out inside and out! It was a black P90Di with tan interior and 22" silver wheels.