Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am quite surprised how many Founders cars there are. Kinda devalues the Sig #1 (which of course has now been delivered).
And interestingly, there are a few more founders to come with Bonnie and Andrew and the other winners... I think Andrew has stated that he'll be F#53...

I was told by a source that there were "fewer than 100" Founders being made. I took that to mean at least 75+ and I was surprised that there were that many but I guess the company has made a few more "close friends" since the S was released.

A video I found on YouTube....anybody know the color of the wood?

Definitely the Figured Ash trim.

Looks like that's in Utah. I bet that's the one that's on it's way to Florida.

I was told by a source that there were "fewer than 100" Founders being made. I took that to mean at least 75+ and I was surprised that there were that many but I guess the company has made a few more "close friends" since the S was released.
I would bet those include all of the "Founders by Referral" too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the factory boneyard area by the Service Center, and there's an adjacent fenced in area with stored vehicles. I have no idea the disposition of these. They could be mules, dev, rejects, in process staged, shipment staged, etc.. This lineup has doubtless been explored by these forums before, so I think nothing new. No close ups or new info available. The only thing I like is you can see the profile difference between the S&X designs, which is nearly meaningless if they aren't the current designs.

Those aren't mules or rejects, they look great. They're either ready for delivery or finished with production but waiting for pre-delivery inspection at the service center.

Found a new Model X in the neighborhood. Looks very cool on the first sight. On the second sight - assembly quality could be better (especially for $100k+) :(

2015-12-19 17-02-53 2578.jpg

Care to elaborate?

Slightly misaligned left gulf wing door. Gap on the left side of the trunk lid is about 1mm bigger then on the right (this is visible on the attached picture). Moreover the gap on the left side is uneven.
Basically it looks like a pre-production car from pretty much any other car manufacturer or like it was in an accident.
I can post more pictures but they are of a fairly poor quality.

P.S. Didn't check the front of the car. It was parked on a private property.

What are this 4 things on the windshields? Look like cameras.
Image: http://i.imgur.com/Gq5JRj6.png
View attachment 104937

I wasn't close enough to see them clearly and didn't have zoom lenses. They remind me of those talismans restaurants give you that vibrate when your order is ready, and also remind me of what some big repair shops do to number and queue cars in for service. I thought perhaps different shippers provide different tracking requirements or key transport requirements. They are triangular pyramids at the top and round at the bottom, as far as I can tell, but it's at a blurry distance to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Those aren't mules or rejects, they look great. They're either ready for delivery or finished with production but waiting for pre-delivery inspection at the service center.

Ok, awesome. I didn't see any hardware problems in the big lineup of X's. BTW, in a different line, one X by itself had a big ding in it. These queues, although proximal, may be disparately matured. I'm confused how a ding came up in that fuselage: it was outward, as if poked from inside near the frunk.