TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Random Model X sightings

Discussion in 'Model X' started by AMPd, Sep 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

2. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

I have to say that one of my favorite things about seeing photos of some of these X's in the wild is seeing some of the owners in the photos. It adds something special when you're no longer facelessUsername0013. It's one of the reason I put my photo in my profile. Keep the great pics coming!

3. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

100% agree. That's the same reason I use my real face as my avatar.

4. highedu

highedu Member

haha

5. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

Not to derail the thread (further), but I really am curious what ohmman (and many others on this forum) looks like. It's like wondering what my favorite comedian looks like. :)

6. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

TMC Connect this year. I'm going. Prepare for crushing disappointment.

7. AudubonB

AudubonB RIP Borealis 2006-2020

8. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Aw... you mean your avatar is not an actual photo?
    (BTW, I wrote that before seeing your earlier reply).

9. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

There's a thread on a Volvo site that I used to moderate called "What The Hell Do You Look Like"....it is one of the most popular threads and it's pretty funny however sometimes jokes are made and people are hit on so not too sure the people and mods of this site would be up for it. It was mainly 18 to 35 year olds of there and the site is more relaxed than this one.

10. 1208

1208 Active Member

So when you see videos of the space shuttle you only see a giant rocket propelled fridge?:tongue:

Also the Japanese bullet train is white, as are most high speed trains because they are new, the future. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that a lot of members on here are famous people, and they don't want to reveal their identity. I have an inkling whose who on here. Al Gore, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Hanks to name but a few.

11. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Yeah I am Zac Efron....I mean no I am not.

12. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

I'm so looking forward to that! I always take pics of the morning sky in my S, but not that great, and, hard to do with one hand on the steering wheel (my S doesnt have autopilot). For comparison (same sky):

image.jpeg

13. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

You're saying your profile picture has been photoshopped? :)

14. augkuo

augkuo Member

Model X at Walnut Creek Customs -
    Model x_3.JPG Model x_2.JPG Model x_1.JPG

15. woof

woof Fluffy Member

Hi!

16. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Reminder of what the name of the thread is: Random Model X sightings

There are people subscribed to it to get notified wanting to see X sightings vs chatter.

17. Roamer

Roamer Member

2nd to the last Super Charge at Kingman AZ. Arrived home with a little over 2400 miles on the X since delivery on Dec 31st. Ran a little 12 degree weather last night between Nephi and Beaver UT. Averaged just over 240 miles a day since delivery. Rain, snow, fog and lots of below freezing travel. Everything still working.

The he car was absolutly filthy this morning then it got a spot free rinse from Arizona rain on the run from Las Vegas NV to Kingman AZ.

Full bath tomorrow then maybe another 700 mile round trip to LA and back. image.jpeg

18. BrettH

BrettH Member

Can anyone direct me to some good pictures of a pearl white Model X? I'm having a difficult time deciding between the pearl white and the midnight silver metallic. I really like the new front on the Model X and I think the pearl white does the best job of showing it off. I'm leaning towards the pearl white even though it's going to be a nightmare to keep it looking good during the winter. White cars always seem to look so much worse after getting dirty from the snow/slush.

19. AudubonB

AudubonB RIP Borealis 2006-2020

Oh, the horror! You were at the Wickenburg SpC just a few hours ago and we missed you! When will you be by next? Monday night? Tuesday?

20. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Had to press my nose into the fence at the SLC store today to see between the slats. There's a pearl white in the yard, among others, it's certainly beautiful. Your choice, down to those two, was the same as mine. I picked the dark, go for the light, neither of us should regret it!