Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulled into the Centralia supercharger in Washington after driving up to Seattle to test drive an X a couple weeks ago (they don't have one yet in Portland, sadly). I was so excited about getting a Tesla I decided to stop and check out the Supercharger, and there just happened to be this beauty parked there! Which gave me a great chance to compare it to my Audi SQ5 for size.
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0042.JPG

I noticed the sign says Supercharger Station and then goes on to say 30 Minute Parking Only - Unless Electric Vehicle Charging. And only every other stall has a charger? Can someone explain all of that for me?

I think it's actually every slot has a charger, just that you park centered on the signs and the charger cable plugs into the driver side rear.

As for the signs, Tesla has negotiated different terms depending on the landowner and situation - in very crowded lots with short-term customers they may make 4 spots EV Charging-dedicated, and 4 spots for EV Charging or other parking for up to 30 minutes. Sometimes this is an interim step, e.g. in the Northeast there are many Supercharger locations that rarely see more than two or three cars at a time, so it makes sense to allow some ICE parking - and may avoid some people getting irritated at Teslas/EVs.

@DÆrik Solutions and I were just on a pad thai run and spotted our first "in the wild" Model X on Green Mountain in Lakewood, CO. It looked like it was obsidian black. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to take a picture. Ironically, we were discussing Teslas at that very second.
I always feel like I'm discussing or thinking Tesla when I see one, but then I realize it's probably because I'm almost always discussing or thinking Tesla so any sighting typically correspond with my one track mind!

When: Friday noonish
Type: P90D

This is my first X sighting --- am grateful for the person who drives it.

Update / Note: Please attribute any blurriness / weird lines / weird angles to my horribly outdated cell phone -- sorry about this. In person, trust me, this Model X was... stunning / flawless.

P90D-X.jpg

Last edited: