Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reading lights and wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I have had my x for a month now.(12/28 delivery) Just a few

The overhead reading light is very faint. I have been searching a few times and I only see references to the ambient lighting replaceMent. Am I missing an adjustment or dimmer feature?

The wipers don’t work until you twist up to the third setting, I assume the first two are to be intermittent settings , am I missing something.

Lastly the windshield washer isn’t working . I think it was delivered empty so I filled the reservoir
But that hasn’t solved it. I have tried it a few times so maybe I need to continue until the air is pumped out of the lines.
As always, I appreciate all of the support on here

Todd

@Todd,

I too would like better or brighter reading light. Haven't seen any remedy yet.

If you have the latest update, V-2017 50.3 XXXX, or later, you should have rain sensing wipers. Check your version# and the Tesla manual for operation.

As for the windshield washer, the button on the stalk has two positions, first will just wipe the windshield once, push harder for the second position and the washers with wipers will come on.

Reactions: FarmerDave
FWIW, for the front passenger I've found using the sunshade mirror lights a better reading lamp than the roof's rather far away touch/push unit, just lock it on the window, flush with the windshield and open the mirror's Alcantara(-like) flap and it shines nicely down on the front passenger's lap. I seem to recall it turns off after a time (maybe I remember wrong), but just reset and continue...

@Hoffa and Ranger, Nice feature, Your Xs must have PUP. I had not paid any attention whether our X had vanity mirrors until I read your posts above. Just checked our X and no mirrors or lights on the shades.

I have ordered a puck led battery powered light from :
[email protected]

They come two/pkg. Only 2.5" in diameter. I am thinking of attaching one on the console front face. That should light the whole area opposite where the sliding door and cubby are.

P-COBx2-10/30 Promier COB LED Stick On Puck Light 2 Pack

@Hoffa and Ranger, Nice feature, Your Xs must have PUP. I had not paid any attention whether our X had vanity mirrors until I read your posts above. Just checked our X and no mirrors or lights on the shades.

I have ordered a puck led battery powered light from :
[email protected]

They come two/pkg. Only 2.5" in diameter. I am thinking of attaching one on the console front face. That should light the whole area opposite where the sliding door and cubby are.

P-COBx2-10/30 Promier COB LED Stick On Puck Light 2 Pack

Interesting. I thought all Xs came with lighted vanity mirrors.

Did you try unfolding the shade? You have to unfold it first, then pull on the small alcantara cover to reveal the mirror and lights.