Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real World Model 3 UK Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think that even 10k M3s will be diluted so much amongst the hundreds of thousands of other cars on the roads that they'll still be "unusual sightings" for quite a few years...

I see plenty of Model Ss around, almost on a daily basis. Model Xs not so many, maybe see another one once a week. I've only seen 1 M3 in the wild so far - a matt grey wrapped one near Silverstone. If I go to Milton Keynes, Teslas are actually a pretty common sight. Partly because of their demo fleet and SC and partly because MK is seriously promoting EVs. So I'm expecting M3s to be a fairly common sight in the next couple of years. Obviously I see an Audi or VW every second I'm on the road, so it's all relative!

I see plenty of Model Ss around, almost on a daily basis. Model Xs not so many, maybe see another one once a week. I've only seen 1 M3 in the wild so far - a matt grey wrapped one near Silverstone. If I go to Milton Keynes, Teslas are actually a pretty common sight. Partly because of their demo fleet and SC and partly because MK is seriously promoting EVs. So I'm expecting M3s to be a fairly common sight in the next couple of years. Obviously I see an Audi or VW every second I'm on the road, so it's all relative!
I think it probably depends where you live. I drive 300 miles per week mostly in Wales and the average number of teslas I see per week is probably 0.5. I have never seen an M3

I think it probably depends where you live. I drive 300 miles per week mostly in Wales and the average number of teslas I see per week is probably 0.5. I have never seen an M3

Definitely. Wales is not a good Tesla spotting ground for obvious reasons. I drive around Bucks/Northants where they are not a particularly unusual sight. Our Model X is still very much a novelty in our local town and villages, but I do bump into the odd one every week.

Ok the Tesla destination charges, will they fit in to and charge the model 3. Or will I need to have an adapter if Tesla makes them, this is serious question as I have a model 3 coming in August, but don't have a 7kw charger yet and will ne using a destination charger nearby.

Ok the Tesla destination charges, will they fit in to and charge the model 3. Or will I need to have an adapter if Tesla makes them, this is serious question as I have a model 3 coming in August, but don't have a 7kw charger yet and will ne using a destination charger nearby.
Your car should come with (check this when you pick it up!) a Universal Mobile Connector cable with 3 adapters and a type 2 to type 2 cable. With all of these bits and peices you will be able to use any destination charger, 3 pin 13A socket or whatever you come across in your travels.

The Tesla destination chargers are a Type 2 connector, which is the same as the Model 3. The CCS Connector on the Model 3 has two parts - the top round connector is a standard Type 2, used for AC charging, and then for DC quick charging it uses the round connector plus the extra two DC pins at the bottom.

Is it possible to use a destination charger even if you’re not staying there?
It depends on the location. Many destination charger locations restrict use to “Patrons Only”, which is their right to do as they provide the electricity. AFAIK they are not supposed to charge for use, although I’m sure I saw one near Tenby last year that had got a sign up with a rate per hour. To find out what’s what I’d suggest you use ZapMap.

This wait is beginning to drive me nuts. Not sure about you guys but the image of this car in my mind manifests so unless I go and watch some YouTube videos on a regular basis this car becomes the size of a mini with a range of 80 miles and with paint that falls off if you close the doors too hard. Maybe it’s time to go and see a real one at a store again. It’s been a while ;)

This wait is beginning to drive me nuts. Not sure about you guys but the image of this car in my mind manifests so unless I go and watch some YouTube videos on a regular basis this car becomes the size of a mini with a range of 80 miles and with paint that falls off if you close the doors too hard. Maybe it’s time to go and see a real one at a store again. It’s been a while ;)

LOL I know how you feel. Think I need a weekly test drive...