Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear camera view issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a few hours today, our MX was showing the rear view camera view in a weird split view. It corrected itself later in the day.
Is this a bug or am I missing something else here?

Attachments

• IMG_2888.jpg
    IMG_2888.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 152
That is truly weird. Are both those images your garage door? Did the camera split the picture in 2 and then switched the upper for the lower half? I can't imagine why it would do that, unless there is some new feature coming soon...

It's a bug. Had that happen once or twice in the S. Others have as well. Reset the screen by holding both scroll wheels down about 5-10 seconds until everything goes blank and it will reboot. It took mine a couple of reboots to finally right itself.

That is truly weird. Are both those images your garage door? Did the camera split the picture in 2 and then switched the upper for the lower half? I can't imagine why it would do that, unless there is some new feature coming soon...
It is weird. Yes it is the same image somehow split into two and rearranged.

It corrected itself without a reboot but that was going to be my next step.

I believe this is the X sensing a parallel universe in your garage...
It is an advanced feature that I believe it is currently in Beta...
I look forward to this and other features that will be offered as free upgrade as time passes....

I was making a U turn today and was not satisfied I could make it all the way without hitting an object just before completion. So I quickly put it in reverse and then went back a few feet and then tightened the curve. Immediately put the car in D again and the rear view camera stay on while in D. So I guess I was quicker than the Model X.:)

I noticed this split screen rear view today when I was backing up in a parking garage. There was an obstacle down low (parking stop) plus a pole up higher. I was able to see both obstacles, each on its own screen view. I thought it was just my X being more clever than I am...