TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rear camera view issue

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by sukhi, May 20, 2016.

1. sukhi

sukhi Member

For a few hours today, our MX was showing the rear view camera view in a weird split view. It corrected itself later in the day.
    Is this a bug or am I missing something else here?

Attached Files:

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

That is truly weird. Are both those images your garage door? Did the camera split the picture in 2 and then switched the upper for the lower half? I can't imagine why it would do that, unless there is some new feature coming soon...

3. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

It's a bug. Had that happen once or twice in the S. Others have as well. Reset the screen by holding both scroll wheels down about 5-10 seconds until everything goes blank and it will reboot. It took mine a couple of reboots to finally right itself.

4. sukhi

sukhi Member

It is weird. Yes it is the same image somehow split into two and rearranged.

It corrected itself without a reboot but that was going to be my next step.

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I had it once. A reboot fixed it asap. I thought it was kinda cool.

6. vangogh

vangogh Member

I believe this is the X sensing a parallel universe in your garage...
    It is an advanced feature that I believe it is currently in Beta...
    I look forward to this and other features that will be offered as free upgrade as time passes....

7. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

I was making a U turn today and was not satisfied I could make it all the way without hitting an object just before completion. So I quickly put it in reverse and then went back a few feet and then tightened the curve. Immediately put the car in D again and the rear view camera stay on while in D. So I guess I was quicker than the Model X.:)

8. GoCanes

GoCanes Member

I noticed this split screen rear view today when I was backing up in a parking garage. There was an obstacle down low (parking stop) plus a pole up higher. I was able to see both obstacles, each on its own screen view. I thought it was just my X being more clever than I am...

9. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

Please take and post a screen shot.

I haven't seen this. Yet.