TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear Camera Visibility in the rain

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Brightonuk, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

I am sure this has been addressed but just in case a dab of rainX on the camera lens makes a world of difference in the rain I can actually see out the back:smile:

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

...or when your professional is doing OptiCoat or the like, there is a product for your glass (FWIW, I got the OptiCoat on my glass all around and on my headlights/taillights) that can be applied to the rear camera lens. Lasts a loooooong time.

3. sbronle1

sbronle1 Member

Interesting note. I took mine in to Gary Dean's detailing today as recommended by several Florida enthusiasts. I never asked about the windows. I have historically used Rain X on all windows with good results. I will ask Gary tonight about the windows. Thanks.

4. sbronle1

sbronle1 Member

Got the car back tonight and it looks fantastic. Garry Dean Detailing did a great job... that is the good news. The bad news is that he discovered a body flaw on the driver's door. The lower panel has been repaired and in his opinion the repair sucked. Once he pointed this out to me it was obvious. Not only can you see it but I could feel how rough and lumpy the area is where filler has obviously been used. He described it as a "piss poor job." I have sent the Tampa SC an email and will forward pictures Garry took when I get them tonight. I am hoping that they live up their reputation and fix this even if it requires replacing the door. Does anyone think I am wrong in demanding perfection when one spends $120k for a brand new luxury car? I will post the pictures here also when I get them if I can figure how to..

5. hikerockies

hikerockies Member

Service center has been outstanding in fixing flaws for me. When I took my car in for opti-coat, the detailer found a pool of clear coat on one of the door. He sanded it down as much as he felt was safe to do. I mentioned this to service center. They offered to sand down the door and repaint it.

6. sbronle1

sbronle1 Member

Got a call from the Tampa SC and will bring car into them to inspect next week. I am just perplexed at how something like this could happen. I can't imagine given technology and the company's ability to interrogate every aspect of the car that there is not some electronic record of this damage and repair. If the injury and repair had been divulged I probably would have not had a problem if the repair was not detectable. The problem now is there is clear evidence of a repair and that devalues the car. Too much clear coat is another issue. I will post the progress and welcome all input. My new issue is having driven to Tampa to Key Largo with a great experience with the Super charger in Ft. Myers to arrive at the Ocean Reef that owns two Teslas and has 4 chargers, that I can't get my car to charge. It will for about three minutes then the charger defaults and charging stops. I tried all 4 of their charging stations with the same result. Awaiting advice from Tesla Motor Tech people.

7. hikerockies

hikerockies Member

yes, of course. Not trying to minimize your issue. Just providing a data point on service center living up to their reputation and offering to do whatever it takes to fix any flaws.