Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear cargo mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just placed my X100D order and am looking to get frunk and trunk mats to protect the stock (non-removable) carpet in these areas. In my previous volt, I used the Lloyd Ultimat, which I have been really happy with, and plan to do this again. However, for the 6/7 seat version, they only sell the rear cargo area mat or entire area with both rear seats folded. With 3 kiddos, I will often have one of the rear seats folded, and one up.

Has anyone seen a mat option for the 6/7 seat config that uses three different mats (one for the rear cargo area, and one each for the two seat backs)? Lloyd does custom sizes, so I am considering getting their normal rear cargo area mat and two custom ones to go over each seat. On previous vehicles where I infrequently folded the seats down, I would use a towel on the seat backs, but hope to have something a little bit more polished for the X.

Thanks.

I am not clear.

Evannex has:

2 pieces for front 2 seats' floor

1 piece for middle row seats' floor

1 piece for third row seats' floor

1 small cargo mat when third row seats are up right.

1 large cargo mat when third row seats are folded flat.

So, what else are you looking for?
So EVANNEX (which is a Lloyd retailer, same mat products as other Lloyd retailers) has the large cargo mat for seats folded flat (see picture red shape)

They also have the small cargo area (see picture black shape)

However, I have not seen any option for something like the seat backs only when folded flat (see blue shapes)

I have a similar issue with my current Toyota Highlander. I have the equivalent large cargo mat, so when I need to use the third row seats, I have to remove the whole mat. With something like this proposed solution of three mats, you would only need to remove the smaller ones over one or both seats to fold them up. Looks like I can custom order the blue shape pieces through Lloyd, but I can't be the only person in Tesla Land looking for something like this.

I am fine with the stock normal floor mats, just need something to protect the cargo areas.

Anyone tried anything like this?
I am not clear.

Evannex has:

2 pieces for front 2 seats' floor

1 piece for middle row seats' floor

1 piece for third row seats' floor

1 small cargo mat when third row seats are up right.

1 large cargo mat when third row seats are folded flat.

So, what else are you looking for?
So EVANNEX (which is a Lloyd retailer, same mat products as other Lloyd
retailers) has the large cargo mat for seats folded flat (see picture red
shape)

They also have the small cargo area (see picture black shape)

However, I have not seen any option for something like the seat backs only
when folded flat (see blue shapes)

I have a similar issue with my current Toyota Highlander. I have the
equivalent large cargo mat, so when I need to use the third row seats, I
have to remove the whole mat. With something like this proposed solution of
three mats, you would only need to remove the smaller ones over one or both
seats to fold them up. Looks like I can custom order the blue shape pieces
through Lloyd, but I can't be the only person in Tesla Land looking for
something like this.

I am fine with the stock normal floor mats, just need something to protect
the cargo areas.

Anyone tried anything like this (excuse the crappy picture made in MS Paint)?
mat split.png

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
...However, I have not seen any option for something like the seat backs only
when folded flat (see blue shapes)

I understand now.

You are looking for 2 mats that fit the back of folding-flat third row seats only, not the whole big one that covers both the trunk and the folding-flat third row seats.

Thanks for the picture. I'll keep looking but for now, I am sorry that I can't help you in this department.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be great if Tesla (or someone) also offered a foldable rear mat. E.g. Audi has these nice cargo mats that expand to different configurations and also have flaps that can be pulled out to protect the bumper during loading.

That idea could be furter improved to have the forward folding happen in two separate sections, so that either or both could be folded out depending on if one or two seatbacks are folded.

Reactions: vandacca and Tam
It appears that Tesla does not yet offer rear trunk mats for the 5-seater X. The two mats at Tesla — Model X are stated to be specifically for 6 or 7-seat cars.

Weathertech does not yet offer trunk mats specifically for the X, only "trim to fit" mats which do not interest me. See WeatherTech Products for: 2017 Tesla Model X | WeatherTech.com Or maybe I am missing them?

Evannex offers rear trunk mats for the 5-seat X as shown on this page Rubbertite Mats for Tesla Model X (5 Seat)

You can select "1 pc behind 2nd row cargo mat" or "1 pc over 2nd row (folded)" from the "Mat Type" drop down menu. They are both $109.95. The page states As seen in the schematic renderings above, in order to completely cover the rear cargo and 2nd seats (when folded) you will need both the "Over 2nd Seat Folded Mat" and the "Behind 2nd Row Mat".

Has anyone purchased either of those mats for their 5-seat X? Here are the Evannex photos for them.

65BA2575-1914-4674-B038-DBA1A84E3520-774-0000011CA7F2DBD4.png
50679B87-08B8-4F4B-9E53-42C400E087AB-774-0000011CAD90EE7A.png

1 pc behind 2nd row cargo mat 1 pc over 2nd row (folded)

So the larger mat covers the entire flat rear trunk area in a 5-seat X (since it has no 3rd row seats) and the smaller mat covers the flat area created by the 2nd row seat backs when folded flat.

I have the Tesla Model S rear trunk mat (made by Weathertech) and it fits well. I have no experience with the Evannex mats and hope that someone with a 5 seat X has bought them and can provide their comments. Thanks.

Thanks but the first link you gave is for covers that fit the back side of the Model X 3rd row seats and the second link is for a trunk mat that fits the floor space behind the third row seats. In my post I state that I will be getting the 5-seat configuration, i.e. No third row seats. So I am looking for a trunk floor mat that covers the flat area behind the 2nd row in a 5-seat X. That is what Evannex appears to offer, as I show in the first image in my post. I was interested to hear from anyone who has purchased Evannex cargo mats as to their quality and how they fit.

My post #10 above was responding to a post that I can no longer see in this thread. It disappeared, so my post no longer makes sense. Odd.

Regarding the mat shown at Amazon.com: ToughPRO Tesla Model X Trunk Mat - All Weather - Heavy Duty - Black Rubber -(2016-2017) For 5 Seater Only: Automotive

The surface of that mat with so many small cavities looks like it would be hard to keep clean. You can't just wipe it off. You would have to remove it, hose it off, and then let it dry upside down because you could not effectively dry it by hand.

Thanks, but I'll pass on that one.