Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended MVA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys:

My MX unfortunately got rear ended at low stop and go traffic. The car behind me struck my bumper black plastic panel and cracked my rear deflector on driver side. I have a couple questions- I don't know if anyone can check for me- I noticed at the black panel part of bumper there is a lip now after I inspected the damage.

Is this lip on black panel been there before? I attached a picture of my bumper panel damage. The lip of the panel is marked with red arrow. I am just worried that the collision might've pushed in my panel inwards. Also are there any sensors on the black panel that might've been damaged?

Thanks for help. Luckily the guy has good insurance so I am going to get this fixed soon.

Got rear ended with my tow hitch and bike rack on. Their car damaged but nothing on mine (bike rack not even bent). Convinced I would have had a significant repair without it on
this seems like a great idea. I am now paranoid with getting rear ended. Driving more defensively. but there is no way to prevent a careless driver from hitting you from behind if you are in stop and go traffic.

I'm sure if it's hit hard enough, but hitches are not that expensive. The energy is focused on the slide/ball so it mostly punches a hole in the other car. Saves you in low speed collisions but wouldn't do much above ~20 mph most likely. I don't keep it there for protection necessarily, it's just happened to be there a couple couple times when there were slow speed impacts.