Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear spoiler ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to .30 firmware two days ago and now my spoiler is stuck in closed position. Rebooting screens and toggling the spoiler setting doesn't help. Not even a motor sound. Anyone experience similar? Any secret reset techniques?

Updated to .30 firmware two days ago and now my spoiler is stuck in closed position. Rebooting screens and toggling the spoiler setting doesn't help. Not even a motor sound. Anyone experience similar? Any secret reset techniques?
I had the exact same issue a couple firmwares ago. It still continues randomly. One day it works great, next day, nada, or even works in the opposite way it was intended. ie, stays horizontal above 45, and closes at stop.
Then no resets or anything, next day, all is well.

Reactions: Softwizard
After several days of similar misbehavior by the spoiler I haven't seen all well in several days now. Spoiler staying all the way down all the time. Before the weekend I asked service center for a firmware upgrade since other reboots and restarts have had no effect. No firmware yet.

After several days of similar misbehavior by the spoiler I haven't seen all well in several days now. Spoiler staying all the way down all the time. Before the weekend I asked service center for a firmware upgrade since other reboots and restarts have had no effect. No firmware yet.

Ok. Glad others are having same issue so it's unlikely to be physically broken. Will just wait for the next firmware. Or the one after that. Or the one after that.

Reactions: Softwizard
I figured it out. Was able to reset the spoiler.

Open and close doors and trunks and push the pedals in this order. Has to be exactly this order or it won't work. Make sure car is in park.

Frunk-Frunk-Trunk-Trunk-Left-Right-Left-Right-Brake-Accelerator-Brake-Accelerator-Wiper-Park

In all seriousness, open and closed the various doors during the course of the day and now the spoiler is working again. This is with the .78 firmware.

When you change the spoiler setting from Automatic to Extended, does it revert immediately to Automatic as soon as a gear is selected? Is this the normal behavior or a feature of my busted automatically-down spoiler?

I am running 24.78 (latest firmware) and when I am in Park, with the car on, if I hit "Extended", the spoiler pops up and stays up. I was able to wash my MX this morning with it up, however occasionally it would go down and then pop back up again. When I got back in the car, with it still in "Extended" mode, when I started the car, it went down. I didn't drive it, but I think Extended only applies to when you put the car in Park (hence why it is Service Mode)

Have this latest .86 update which fixed a "key battery needs replacing" message which showed up yesterday. but the spoiler is still spoiled.

Bummer. The only thing I did differently from prior days was I opened and closed the trunk and few times and folded the 3rd row seats down and up a few times. Might be worth trying. Not sure if or how the various components are tied together in any way.

Just noticed this morning that the spoiler retracts when the trunk opens and extends when the trunk closes. Pretty cool, probably to reduce chance of collision with low ceilings. Not sure if that's always been the intended behavior or if it's new to .78/.86.