Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear spoiler ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my spoiler fixed (no pun intended). If your spoiler is still intermittently stuck closed or otherwise misbehaving, it might be this.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gwgan
Mine does the same thing as Gwgan that is fully up after unlock then at 45mph went all the way down and cycled all the way back up again. No aero position at all after the OTA 2.20.45. Not fixed after subsequent 3 updates and my service center manager said they never heard of any reset procedure for the spoiler. Their explanation is that this is normal for 90 D to have no aero position even if they got a freebie active spoiler.

Mine does the same thing as Gwgan that is fully up after unlock then at 45mph went all the way down and cycled all the way back up again. No aero position at all after the OTA 2.20.45. Not fixed after subsequent 3 updates and my service center manager said they never heard of any reset procedure for the spoiler. Their explanation is that this is normal for 90 D to have no aero position even if they got a freebie active spoiler.
Umm...that's not true. I have observed my FAS dip at 45mph to aero position and back to full open when say I stop at a light.

I also don't have that issue, but I do believe that some other owners are having it. I know @Gwgan had spoiler insanity for quite a while, per this thread.
Sorry i meant that what the SC said about "no aero position being normal for the active spoiler" is not true. The problem @Gwgan and @quartzav are facing is an issue the their SC needs to fix. It's likely a bad controller.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
Umm...that's not true. I have observed my FAS dip at 45mph to aero position and back to full open when say I stop at a light.

Mine occasionally will act normal, but too often it STILL does annoying things like go all the way down when stopped and going to aero position when reversing.

My last service advisor told me he thought it was related to my faulty driver door latch. I didn't believe him then and since it didn't fix it, I still don't believe they are related.

Sorry i meant that what the SC said about "no aero position being normal for the active spoiler" is not true. The problem @Gwgan and @quartzav are facing is an issue the their SC needs to fix. It's likely a bad controller.
I appreciate your response, now I have to figure out a way to convince my service center it is an issue that can be fixed. BTW, I did the reset-like technique in the reset thread and now my FAS doesn't wag its tail occasionally as it was before.