Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear spoiler ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i posted this in reset technique thread... but, right before going into SC, tried one more effort, which was a modification of another poster's idea.
my spoiler was stuck in down position except when going 45+. trying to set it to "extended" only resulted in switching back to auto and retracting once i put my X into gear.

so, while in park, i put the spoiler into extended mode. from there, did a center console reset (hold both scroll wheels). upon boot up, the spoiler fully extended and the mode back on auto. it's worked like a charm since.

avoided an SC visit... this was clearly a software issue.

• Informative
Reactions: commasign
I spoke too soon. I have now seen multiple times when the spoiler stays down when driving. Then all of a sudden it will start working again. This is different from the problem before when it was doing random things. Now it either works normally, or it just stays down.

Back to the SC...

I drove down my driveway with the hatch up and now the spoiler stays down at all times. Resetting combinations have not had any impact. Car is going in next week for a few service items but I suspect a new spoiler controller will be among them.

I had the rear control module replaced but it didn't fix my spoiler issues. About half the days the spoiler won't open at all. On days it goes up a little bit (highway mode) upon car start, I can get it to work normally by opening and closing the trunk a number of times with spoiler in extended or toggling it while trunk is open then closing the trunk and toggling again while trunk closed. They're gonna try replacing the spoiler motor next week.

In light of wonky spoiler function and not behaving as intended, the idea of integrating the third brake light into the spoiler was not the brightest idea. No idea why they didn't keep it in the top of the rear window like the S. Probably would have been more cost effective and takes the spoiler function out of the equation.