Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear view camera stuttering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1F787850-D670-4450-AB1E-B02EE7AEF627.jpeg

I’ve noticed a significant drop in the picture quality of the rear camera now (see attachment). This is after wiping it clean. The image also cuts off (goes black) for a couple of seconds when opening the boot.

I started experiencing the stuttering reverse camera yesterday for the first time. Also, I'm not getting any 'beeps or bongs' when parking any more to let me know to stop, etc. So thats great.

View attachment 757213
I’ve noticed a significant drop in the picture quality of the rear camera now (see attachment). This is after wiping it clean. The image also cuts off (goes black) for a couple of seconds when opening the boot.
I noticed that too the other day. Have never opened the boot with the camera view on, but did it by accident and saw the same - though it seemed more like 1 second to me.

Model Y is also having the same issue. Sent a bug report as I discussed this with a mobile service tech to day and he indicated that he has seen many of these and there is no fix that he knows of. I don't believe this is hardware related.
Yes seems like it’s firmware related from what they said recently but obviously this relies on some techs somewhere that nobody can get in contact with, so is just a waiting game now

So I had an issue with the rear camera stuttering mid reverse in an area I'm not familiar with. As a result, I bumped into the edge of a wall causing damage.

A very long shot this, but can I claim against Tesla to have the damage repaired?

So I had an issue with the rear camera stuttering mid reverse in an area I'm not familiar with. As a result, I bumped into the edge of a wall causing damage.

A very long shot this, but can I claim against Tesla to have the damage repaired?

I would say a zero chance of tesla admitting any liability, getting any money out of Tesla once you hand it over is almost impossible without going through the court process.

However there is no harm in raising a service request and asking them to sort the camera out and ask them to fix it!

Also here...I have never seen camera footage that would stutter as much with other car manufacturers. It js to the point that it is barely useful.
I am currently on 2022.36.6 and the stutter is present on both side repeaters as well as on the back cam. So I don't think it is a faulty cable but more likely sogtwate related.
I have an appointment in a couple of days and I will post back the outcome.

Reactions: Neilio