Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received Email to Configure - Missing Options??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CBBE86EE-90C7-4025-A31D-39F34CE06659.jpeg

They are very dark, but as you can see here against the piano black console, definitely have a more grayish tone. This is lit by the dome lights, no flash.

• Helpful
Reactions: CatB
The 19" tires (Continential ProContact RX) have a treadwear rating of 400, which is quite high. They are currently expensive, but I expect alternatives be available soon.

Everything is relative, it's the lowest treadwear between the two OEM tires that ship on the Model 3

400 Continental ProContact RX TO Tesla, ContiSilent 235/40/19
500 Michelin Primacy MXM4 TO Tesla, Acoustic Tech (235/45R18)

And it's lower than the two retail tires I'd compare against.

480 Michelin Energy Saver A/S (235/45R18)
700 Continental PureContact with Ecoplus (235/45R18)

Too me 400 is quite low, but then I buy tires on a different criteria than you do. I'm more concerned about wet traction and efficiency/range. To that end I'd never get the 19" or 20" wheels and I'd only look at Low Rolling Resistance tires.

From your posts in the other thread you seem more concerned about dry traction and high speed. You are going to be looking at more expensive tires with shorter tread life. To each their own.

Last edited:
View attachment 271094

They are very dark, but as you can see here against the piano black console, definitely have a more grayish tone. This is lit by the dome lights, no flash.

Thanks for your photo. The dome lights will add some yellow light to the surfaces below. I took a few similar photos inside a S 90D black interior loaner we are driving right now, which illustrates how camera auto exposure can be a significant factor. BTW this car has multi-textured seats but with the side bolsters and arm rest in the same polyurethane black fabric as what's in the Model 3. I added a sheet of white paper for white balance and a Ralph Lauren Charcoal Gray pillowcase to the scene for comparison. Second photo with more exposure time. These were taken at 3:30 in the afternoon with the car parked outside in the daylight.

IMG_5930.JPG

IMG_5931.JPG

Here's two photos taken with a lot of exposure time. Tesla calls the interior of this Model S Black Standard.

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5925.JPG

Last edited:
As a general life rule.... I never click on links in an email... Tesla or not. I have seen too many spoof emails that I just always close the email and log in to the site directly. Mine was legit. My RN is changed to build your Tesla now. :)
However ... I did check the email : its also from [email protected], but directly logging in shows me the reservation is valid.

As toxicpenguin says, never click on a link in an email. It's quite possible for scammers to take a legitimate email, change the target site the link goes to, spoof the FROM field, and send it out. Just go directly to the site from your own bookmarks or other source you are certain of. Now, with so many people eagerly awaiting the invite, we are a likely target for such spam emails. And it's just so easy to go to tesla dot com and find your way to your teslaaccount page. Who among us doesn't already have that page bookmarked?