Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent bitrate change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

verygreen

Curious member
Jan 16, 2017
TN
So I was checking my car logs for interesting activity and noticed that about 2 weeks ago they logged into my car and changed slacker bitrate to 128kbps (no idea what it was before). The car is in service so I cannot really check if it made any difference yet, but I wonder if anybody noticed anything at around that time?

Anybody happens to know what it was before? I do have the (now renamed) UHFS/high bitrate option on my car.

NB: really bad that the UI is split between X and S, since the same question is applicable to X cars as well. Asking this here since there were more relted discussions before.

So I was checking my car logs for interesting activity and noticed that about 2 weeks ago they logged into my car and changed slacker bitrate to 128kbps (no idea what it was before). The car is in service so I cannot really check if it made any difference yet, but I wonder if anybody noticed anything at around that time?

Anybody happens to know what it was before? I do have the (now renamed) UHFS/high bitrate option on my car.

NB: really bad that the UI is split between X and S, since the same question is applicable to X cars as well. Asking this here since there were more relted discussions before.

Hello , yes I did notice a charge in my rate
Depending when I was downing songs from my iphone it dropped depending on my location at the time, never skipped or anything just a change , I have question I am new owner very green, only way I get information is from members like you thanks , but can you look at your log from main screen or is it application you can add to your phone ie: Tesla Pilot.? If app which one and on screen how to get to? Thanks again

Every client device requests its own bitrate so the checkbox on your phone is only good on that one phone.
Most often this is true, but I'm not sure it applies to Slacker settings. Here is the screenshot of my Tesla account:
upload_2017-6-30_9-57-51.png

When I change any of the options here, while doing it on my PC, the changes do get reflected in my car. If I turn on "Headline News" - I get news interruptions in my car. So, by association, I assume the option for "Maximum Audio Quality" also applies to the entire account, not just device this option is enabled on.

Most often this is true, but I'm not sure it applies to Slacker settings. Here is the screenshot of my Tesla account:
View attachment 233388
When I change any of the options here, while doing it on my PC, the changes do get reflected in my car. If I turn on "Headline News" - I get news interruptions in my car. So, by association, I assume the option for "Maximum Audio Quality" also applies to the entire account, not just device this option is enabled on.
previous discussions on the topic revealed that every different bitrate stream is a separate url and so bitrate depends on which one the client device pulls.
These other settings affect content, though and do appear to be somewhat global (and by somewhat I mean they are not immediately reflected in the car at least)

• Informative
Reactions: ABC2D