TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Recent bitrate change?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by verygreen, Jun 23, 2017.

1. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

So I was checking my car logs for interesting activity and noticed that about 2 weeks ago they logged into my car and changed slacker bitrate to 128kbps (no idea what it was before). The car is in service so I cannot really check if it made any difference yet, but I wonder if anybody noticed anything at around that time?

Anybody happens to know what it was before? I do have the (now renamed) UHFS/high bitrate option on my car.

NB: really bad that the UI is split between X and S, since the same question is applicable to X cars as well. Asking this here since there were more relted discussions before.

2. 100%power

100%power TESLAU2

3. 100%power

100%power TESLAU2

Hello , yes I did notice a charge in my rate
    Depending when I was downing songs from my iphone it dropped depending on my location at the time, never skipped or anything just a change , I have question I am new owner very green, only way I get information is from members like you thanks , but can you look at your log from main screen or is it application you can add to your phone ie: Tesla Pilot.? If app which one and on screen how to get to? Thanks again

4. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

This has nothing to do with iphones or the like, purely in car thing. No way to see it internally unless you gain entry onto the car network.

5. commasign

commasign Active Member

I just noticed that the high bitrate option is no longer visible in the Tesla UI. The option to login with your own slacker credentials is there but wasn't there a checkbox for high bitrate below it?

6. zambono

zambono Member

Click the login button , then you should see the checkbox

7. commasign

commasign Active Member

I tried that but it's still not there. I'm on 17.24.28 on my S and 17.24.30 on my X.

8. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

This thread had me go to the My S and check, and like @commasign my checkbox is no longer there for high bitrate.
    I wish they would just give us the option to have high quality....I'm willing to pay for the bandwidth.

9. gabeincal

gabeincal Enjoying Napa life the electric way

How about ticking the high bitrate on the slacker website with the same user? That's what I did, but not sure i'm getting high bitrate in the car..

10. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

That certainly does not work.
    Every client device requests its own bitrate so the checkbox on your hone is only good on that one phone.

11. MasterT

MasterT Member

Most often this is true, but I'm not sure it applies to Slacker settings. Here is the screenshot of my Tesla account:
    upload_2017-6-30_9-57-51.png
    When I change any of the options here, while doing it on my PC, the changes do get reflected in my car. If I turn on "Headline News" - I get news interruptions in my car. So, by association, I assume the option for "Maximum Audio Quality" also applies to the entire account, not just device this option is enabled on.

• Informative x 1
  12. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

previous discussions on the topic revealed that every different bitrate stream is a separate url and so bitrate depends on which one the client device pulls.
    These other settings affect content, though and do appear to be somewhat global (and by somewhat I mean they are not immediately reflected in the car at least)

• Informative x 1