Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'22 MYP W/W [5 Seat] || OD: 11/6/21 for KC delivery. My EDD just moved up a month, 1/21-2/18 to 12/17-31. I was hoping I’d timed it right to take delivery in ‘22 without any delays but it sounds like they’re really accelerating. I took a test drive at our OKC gallery but otherwise have never spoken to anyone at Tesla, will I get an SA assigned at/near VIN assignment to request a delivery delay?

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Can I proactively tell our SA to put a hold on our order once I get a vin? My guess is I'll get one second week of December but there's a good chance I'll be out of cell phone range. I don't want them to cancel my order if there isn't going to be a reasonable alternative to a Tesla in January/February. At this point, I'm wondering what will get delivered first... the MYP ordered in August or the MYLR ordered in October.

From everything I've read you need to put a hold on your order BEFORE you get a VIN. Once you are assigned a VIN that means your car will be built and set for delivery at some date. They won't hold the car for you, you either accept delivery or reject it and they sell it to someone else. After that you'll be back at the end of the line or might get assigned another car later. But that also gives Tesla the option to cancel your order after 30 days and keep your order fee.

Yup, I've known people that sold cars because they couldnt afford to pay the tax. Such bs.
Im gonna call BS on that. I've lived in VA for 30+ years and the PP tax is much lower than it used to be, though it is still an annual nuisance. Anyone who had to sell their car because the PP tax was too much probably was wayyyy overextended and couldn't afford that car in the first place.

From everything I've read you need to put a hold on your order BEFORE you get a VIN. Once you are assigned a VIN that means your car will be built and set for delivery at some date. They won't hold the car for you, you either accept delivery or reject it and they sell it to someone else. After that you'll be back at the end of the line or might get assigned another car later. But that also gives Tesla the option to cancel your order after 30 days and keep your order fee.
Oh OK, I told my SA that I can't take delivery most of December. So hopefully my order doesn't get canceled. This is Tesla's fault (15+ week wait when their website said 4-6 weeks) so they shouldn't cancel my order

Oh OK, I told my SA that I can't take delivery most of December. So hopefully my order doesn't get canceled. This is Tesla's fault (15+ week wait when their website said 4-6 weeks) so they shouldn't cancel my order
Unfortunately from my experience Tesla DGAF. They missed my delivery date 9/28, and I was traveling the 9/29 & 9/30, but was available 10/1. They said too bad if you can't take it when we are ready then we take your VIN away. So here I am a month and a half later, hoping to get a car before December at no fault of my own. Also already put my down payment and have insurance locked in and paid for. I hope you have a better experience than me.

Im gonna call BS on that. I've lived in VA for 30+ years and the PP tax is much lower than it used to be, though it is still an annual nuisance. Anyone who had to sell their car because the PP tax was too much probably was wayyyy overextended and couldn't afford that car in the first place.
Agreed - same here. Although having to pay the PP tax on a leased vehicle does stink. Personal Property Tax aside, I wouldn't trade our overall tax burden with some states!

Really, 4% isn't a lot to you??? If you're a family with two cars worth a combined 100k that's $4000 every year just in taxes. That means you need to make $6k more given you pay about 1/3 in taxes. That really adds up if you live in parts of VA where the salaries aren't as high, even for working professionals. They now have cars worth around $40k total, both used. So $2500 less per year.

It's an even bigger deal when you also have an asset like a boat or RV. Now someone in retirement has to pay 4% of that boats value every year. They got the damn thing expecting to enjoy it.. they retired and spent $200-250k on a dream boat/RV... and now they are paying $10k in taxes starting year one. No thanks.

It also rests a lot on how the state conducts its valuations. I recall that being total BS when I talked to him.... super inflated price year over year.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Looks like they didn't so much as push you out but tightened your window. You'll probably get a VIN soon.
Oh they tighten my window down to 10-days with an EDD 11/5 - 11/13 then 11/6 - 11/16 and now 11/16 - 12/15. Back to a 4 week window… each time I got to my 2nd day in my EDD window before they pushed it out. ODD 9/25 and EDD has been changing almost weekly basis… :(

Agreed - same here. Although having to pay the PP tax on a leased vehicle does stink. Personal Property Tax aside, I wouldn't trade our overall tax burden with some states!
If I bought a Model S I'd have to pay $4k per year just to pay taxes on the damn thing.... or, like I said, $6k worth of my salary. I don't care how well off you are, $20k over 5 years is alot. That $90-100k car becomes a $110-120k car.

Unfortunately from my experience Tesla DGAF. They missed my delivery date 9/28, and I was traveling the 9/29 & 9/30, but was available 10/1. They said too bad if you can't take it when we are ready then we take your VIN away. So here I am a month and a half later, hoping to get a car before December at no fault of my own. Also already put my down payment and have insurance locked in and paid for. I hope you have a better experience than me.
Doubt it... I was supposed to get my car end of September and canceled plans to do so. No car, and keep getting bumped back now. I'm gone most of December (I think almost a full 17 weeks from OD), so I'm guessing I'll be pushed to end if Q2 now.

Reactions: NotABurner