Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP - Blue, White Int, No Tow, No FSD
Order date: 1/02/2022
1st EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 28
Feb 20 Removed trade-in
Feb 21 2nd EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 13
Feb 22 3rd EDD: Mar 4 - Mar 8 Vin NF391xxx

Not sure if it was coincidence or not but removing trade-in moved things along.
Called and confirmed AMD and summer tires(SoCal) unsure of battery just said 12v.
Re-added trade after getting Vin

I asked when we picked ours up on the 12th and was told no, as programming it to the garage is part of the install. I just got it installed via mobile service today. A little irritated I had to wait 1 1/2 weeks, but no other choice. Would be nice if they let you setup the service appt before you get the car.
Was there an install cost or is it included with the price of the unit? If not how much does Tesla charge for the labor?

MYP - Blue, White Int, No Tow, No FSD
Order date: 1/02/2022
1st EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 28
Feb 20 Removed trade-in
Feb 21 2nd EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 13
Feb 22 3rd EDD: Mar 4 - Mar 8 Vin NF391xxx

Not sure if it was coincidence or not but removing trade-in moved things along.
Called and confirmed AMD and summer tires(SoCal) unsure of battery just said 12v.
Re-added trade after getting Vin
my trade-in expired today for the 2nd time. This time I removed it from the account. Lets see what happens
MYP MSM, black, No tow, No FSD
Order Date 12/16, current EDD Mar 2 - Mar 14

So I’m in one of the Discords that I got from this forum for notifications of inventory, and I get the push mobile notis; I received one a little bit ago for my specific model in Florida, so I immediately that second went to the site and searched the zip code, and there were no results. Is it for real being scooped in under a second?!
I've seen the same thing from the facebook group I'm in for inventory.

I placed my order 2 days ago and this morning I noticed my VIN was assigned. I placed it at this time because I was hoping for an April delivery. Can I put my order on hold myself or do I need to text my SA to do this? Will they be OK if I tell them to put it on hold till April 15th?

Last edited:
I placed my order 2 days ago and this morning I noticed my VIN was assigned. I placed it at this time because I was hoping for an April delivery. Can I put my order on hold myself or do I need to text my SA to do this? Will they be OK if I tell them to put it on hold till April 15th?
You can probably reject the VIN then ask for your order to be put on hold for 30 days... but they won't hold the current VIN for you until then.

Sounds like he doesn't know what he is talking about... Probably AMD.
Honestly was my initial thought, too. But I assume they pull up a detail on my car, and it wouldn't have said Intel on it so they would have had to come up with that on their own. So, I followed up with "So it's not Ryzen?" and they said again that it was a new chip but from Intel.

"Intel and AMD are always one upping each other."
"So it IS intel but not the older Intel chip they used to use?"
"Correct."

Honestly was my initial thought, too. But I assume they pull up a detail on my car, and it wouldn't have said Intel on it so they would have had to come up with that on their own. So, I followed up with "So it's not Ryzen?" and they said again that it was a new chip but from Intel.

"Intel and AMD are always one upping each other."
"So it IS intel but not the older Intel chip they used to use?"
"Correct."
It's very unlikely to have a 3rd option for CPU (old Atom Intel, AMD and new Intel cpu). New Intel and AMD cpu's are not easy to swap. Different connector, motherboard chipset.
I've read another post yesterday where person was getting conflicting info from various Tesla sources. Some were saying his vin is Intel and other AMD. Not all of Tesla support guys know what app to use to check the vin right. To make it more complicated they said there are two different apps to check a vin. One is good and the other gives wrong data.

Reactions: SomeGuyInHTown
It's very unlikely to have a 3rd option for CPU (old Atom Intel, AMD and new Intel cpu). New Intel and AMD cpu's are not easy to swap. Different connector, motherboard chipset.
I've read another post yesterday where person was getting conflicting info from various Tesla sources. Some were saying his vin is Intel and other AMD. Not all of Tesla support guys know what app to use to check the vin right. To make it more complicated they said there are two different apps to check a vin. One is good and the other gives wrong data.
At what point though does Intel itself give up on a certain processor? I doubt it was 'new' when it was selected by Tesla in the first place..... and a lot changes over 3-4 years.

Reactions: SomeGuyInHTown