Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I meant was say someone ordered a LR in October. And someone else orders a MYP in January and the guy from October decides in February he’s gonna change his to a MYP, he made a change so he shouldn’t get it before the guy who ordered that model from the start. Once you make a change to an order it shouldn’t put you ahead of people with existing orders also waiting. It’s unreal the amount of people playing games with the system and wondering why it’s all messed up.
I totally agree with that.

Though it seems like what's causing things like that to happen has more to do with how Tesla prioritizes regions of the country on certain months to streamline shipping. It seems like the West Coast gets priority at the end of quarter, while the East Coast get priority the month before. Then there's also the issue of color.

Colors are made in batches, so if someone has a color that is currently being made, and they live in a region that is shipping right now, they end up "cutting in line".

Hopefully GigaAustin helps alleviate this issue once it's producing at full speed, so that there are multiple lines of product running simultaneously.

I am of the firm idea that, if customer wanted a MYP should have ordered a MYP. But I think the courtesy of modifying a build (being a color or a total different model) should come at a price, and not with a reward. I am just a frustrated Feb ODD/ April EDD that saw his car slipping away, for multiple obscure reasons, not implying just model updates.

I guess I should be mad at the Customers that Added FSD. When I ordered in November. Then in December. Tesla gave me a EDD of February. I think it should be first come first serve. But obviously Tesla doesn’t care to follow that process. They care more about maximizing the profit per vehicle by delivery. It’s called Capitalism. So if Tesla gives you a 6-10 month window of delivery. Or a 3 month window. It’s not final until the Model Y is at your House.

Reactions: carpendj
I am of the firm idea that, if customer wanted a MYP should have ordered a MYP. But I think the courtesy of modifying a build (being a color or a total different model) should come at a price, and not with a reward. I am just a frustrated Feb ODD/ April EDD that saw his car slipping away, for multiple obscure reasons, not implying just model updates.
You should not rush to judgement. Some of us had other reasons for not initially ordering a Performance model. When I ordered on October 1st, the Performance model only came with summer tires and the range was something like 330 for LR vs 293 for Performance. Summer tires was a big no for me. Only last about 14,000 miles and useless below 50F. And no, I was not going to order a new car and then spend over a $1000 replacing tires.

Then they updated the range for Performance and the Long Range with induction wheels. (303 vs 318).
They also started fitting the excellent Michelin All Season tires.

I guess I should be mad at the Customers that Added FSD. When I ordered in November. Then in December. Tesla gave me a EDD of February. I think it should be first come first serve. But obviously Tesla doesn’t care to follow that process. They care more about maximizing the profit per vehicle by delivery. It’s called Capitalism. So if Tesla gives you a 6-10 month window of delivery. Or a 3 month window. It’s not final until the Model Y is at your House.
I think everyone needs to face the reality that there is one line, not two.
What happens is they say “okay we’re building 50 MYP in red today, they will go to the next 50 MYP red orders”. They go through the queue of all MY orders sorted by date, and grab the next 50 that match the config they’re building.

When a LR order switches to P, it’s not changing the order date, so it naturally will just get pulled earlier. There’s no “cutting”, they just changed their configuration so may get selected earlier.

The other reality is that this is the only thing that makes sense for Tesla. They don’t want to make it painful for people to order more expensive configurations.

If you want to call switching LR to P “cutting” then you also have to call all new P orders “cutting” - they’re getting delivered ahead of LR orders from last year.

I get everyone’s frustration and I sympathize, but I don’t agree with this line cutting sentiment. I ordered my car in October. I kept getting pushed and pushed and pushed while all these MYP orders were being delivered. I saw an opportunity to buy myself the same advantage that you already had.

I think the frustration should be directed at Tesla for not just fulfilling orders in the sequence that they are placed like a normal manufacturer.

Side note, if your MYP is less special because more people have it now, you were buying MYP for the clout and not for the performance.

I think everyone needs to face the reality that there is one line, not two.
What happens is they say “okay we’re building 50 MYP in red today, they will go to the next 50 MYP red orders”. They go through the queue of all MY orders sorted by date, and grab the next 50 that match the config they’re building.

When a LR order switches to P, it’s not changing the order date, so it naturally will just get pulled earlier. There’s no “cutting”, they just changed their configuration so may get selected earlier.

The other reality is that this is the only thing that makes sense for Tesla. They don’t want to make it painful for people to order more expensive configurations.

If you want to call switching LR to P “cutting” then you also have to call all new P orders “cutting” - they’re getting delivered ahead of LR orders from last year.
Actually this person said it better.

I get everyone’s frustration and I sympathize, but I don’t agree with this line cutting sentiment. I ordered my car in October. I kept getting pushed and pushed and pushed while all these MYP orders were being delivered. I saw an opportunity to buy myself the same advantage that you already had.

I think the frustration should be directed at Tesla for not just fulfilling orders in the sequence that they are placed like a normal manufacturer.

Side note, if your MYP is less special because more people have it now, you were buying MYP for the clout and not for the performance.
My order has always been a performance, I wanted it for that reason. At no time did I think it was going to be special lol. I really hope that people aren’t worried about there being too many MYPs out there. The average person won’t even know the difference between the two.

My MYP is what I wanted, not for the range. Special is a very EGO driven sentiment. People will never be totally happy, its how mankind works. Kid wants a toy so badly, once he got it it will not be the thing to desire anymore, and once everyone has it, well he wants a new one.
Useless philosophy aside, YES I want my MYP, no I did not add FSD to get it sooner. I was ready to wait, and I will.
My comments above on the line cutting were pure frustration, I don't mean any disrespect to any of you guys, as a matter of fact I am happy I have a place to vent a little bit about first world problems without being considered too much of an XSS :D
But yea, when I see those MYP on the road I say.....wow I want mine!

Also, I come from a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon Manual, I think this is going to be quite a comfy and performance jump : D

/cheers

My MYP is what I wanted, not for the range. Special is a very EGO driven sentiment. People will never be totally happy, its how mankind works. Kid wants a toy so badly, once he got it it will not be the thing to desire anymore, and once everyone has it, well he wants a new one.
Useless philosophy aside, YES I want my MYP, no I did not add FSD to get it sooner. I was ready to wait, and I will.
My comments above on the line cutting were pure frustration, I don't mean any disrespect to any of you guys, as a matter of fact I am happy I have a place to vent a little bit about first world problems without being considered too much of an XSS :D
But yea, when I see those MYP on the road I say.....wow I want mine!

Also, I come from a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon Manual, I think this is going to be quite a comfy and performance jump : D

/cheers
Having a Wrangler prepares you for the regen braking. My 2020 Willys slows down even going downhill. :)

Though yesterday I got into it and almost forgot to use the brake pedal. I had already got used to the one pedal driving. :oops:

Last edited:
1650980829067.png

Drastic times. Drastic measures. 😆

Very close to moving on to something else, talk me off the ledge peeps! My EDD is 5/8-6/5 but I'm almost certain that is getting pushed at this point with no VIN yet.
All EVs are really delayed and not much cheaper. The new Subaru Solterra is one of the latest vehicles to just announce pricing and the top trim is 52K. Yes you get a federal tax credit, but that’s only if you owe. Tesla pricing is still competitive and you really can’t beat the charging network. I owned my Model 3 since 2019 and all other charging networks are lacking. ChargePoint had many broken charging stations at an upscale shopping area and couldn’t charge my Tesla. Walmart had ICE vehicles and could not charge. Some Chargepoint chargers were on company gated properties, so I could not charge.

Reactions: Jones1
Very close to moving on to something else, talk me off the ledge peeps! My EDD is 5/8-6/5 but I'm almost certain that is getting pushed at this point with no VIN yet.
Picture yourself in your MYP on a Hot July Day. It’s clean. Your next to a Corvette at the red light. You beat the corvette off then line. Then immediately you get pulled over. The cop walks up. Compliments your MYP. The Cop tell you they have been waiting for their MYP for the last 6 months. The cop lets you go without a ticket. The. Tells you to have a nice day. You tell the Cop. No. It’s a Great day.

Picture yourself in your MYP on a Hot July Day. It’s clean. Your next to a Corvette at the red light. You beat the corvette off then line. Then immediately you get pulled over. The cop walks up. Compliments your MYP. The Cop tell you they have been waiting for their MYP for the last 6 months. The cop lets you go without a ticket. The. Tells you to have a nice day. You tell the Cop. No. It’s a Great day.
I fear he will question why I will not have a front license plate :D
Also that corvette C8 is beyond cool. I commuted 3 years on my white C7 (before kids) and I miss every bit of "HER".

Reactions: Jones1