Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up on Wednesday at the Plano location. Other than the spoiler adhesive having some issues on the corner all was otherwise perfect. Car was clean inside and out, though it looked like it may have been detailed a few days ago and got some water on the outside.

Car only had 6 miles on it. So far been a blast and everything I had hoped it would be. Didn’t see much on the performance model with new headlights and AP at night so figured I’d give a little overview.

Cameras calibrated in about 10 miles. It was pretty quick. This was all city driving and no highway. Tested on city streets and it worked flawless over about 10 miles or so. I’ll use mostly on the highway since I enjoy zipping around and driving. Jumped on the highway for about 5 miles and also had no issues. Went under a few bridges with decent shadows and did not experience any braking.

Went out for a dinner that night so tested AP at night on decently lit highways. Auto headlights and auto high beams had mo issues whatsoever. I don’t think my high beams even turned on from what I noticed. Low beams are incredibly bright and work very well. AP at night also worked extremely well. No jerkiness, braking or other issues. AP never disengaged or had any issues. Overall I’m very impressed so far.

Small sample size but working great thus far. I’ll mainly use AP on the highway and not much on city streets for now. Still prefer to drive the car myself most of the time.

Reactions: Moose22 and VikH
I just got an email from Tesla Asking to complete payment but my account doesn’t show any pending tasks after submitting insurance and I also don’t have a vin yet
There's talk of this potentially being a glitch in the Washington State waiting room. Appears many received this email today, myself included. My account screen also has no VIN or ability to pay.

Reactions: VikH
Great delivery of my MYP in Clarkston, MI today. Ordered 4/24. Read some scary stories on here over the past few months of MYs coming with damage and the delivery center not noticing/calling it out, but mine was in great condition (aside from the to-be-expected slight panel gaps and hatch fitment), and the delivery center's communication over the past week was fantastic.

Vehicle came with rear door PPF as expected here in Michigan. Tow hitch panel seems to be an updated part vs last month (has been posted on TMC already), and I can confirm it was VERY easy to remove by just lightly popping 3 tabs at the top with a minus screwdriver. I had purchased a EveryAmp hitch cover remover which was totally worthless as the tool was too thick, but ultimately unneeded given the ease of using a screwdriver.

Replaced a 2019 Model 3 Long Range, and while you can feel the extra weight and higher center of gravity when cornering, the acceleration and practicality of the Y design more than make up for it!

As a side note, if anyone is in the Detroit area and wants this new set of 21" Uberturbines or an unopened Tesla rear door PPF kit, shoot me a DM and we can work out a price. I'm getting a set of aftermarket wheels put on tomorrow, and I got the PPF kit before I learned Tesla started installing them before delivery in my state.

Attachments

• IMG_4802.jpg
    IMG_4802.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4804.jpg
    IMG_4804.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 72D29EBD-F6EA-4097-95A3-75B4B79AD241.jpg
    72D29EBD-F6EA-4097-95A3-75B4B79AD241.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4846 (1).jpg
    IMG_4846 (1).jpg
    555 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4857.jpg
    IMG_4857.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: VikH and kpfefferle
Is anyone else holding off on their MYP deliveries to see what comes of the new castings and 4680s? I'm very hesitant to do anything right now with this being the most significant update in the MY lifecycle, but I also want the car :)
Not me. With Tesla, there's always an improvement right around the corner. Can play the waiting game forever.

And who knows when they'll actually start producing cars with the new battery pack and casing...and what the real world benefits will be.

Same reasoning for me. The car is amazing today - can’t wait to get my hands on it. But, this is a personal decision.
I was ready to pull the trigger on the MYP back in January. But then I started doing my research and reading about the console change, new headlights, double paned windows, larger battery pack, etc. So I decided to wait.

So fast forward to May and now it seems the MYP builds have all these features. Great. But now there's talk about the new 4680 battery and improved build quality from the TX Gigafactory.

For me, I decided to stop waiting and place the order. I'm sure shortly after the MYs start being produced in TX, there will improvements to the MCU...or maybe even an air suspension option!!! Tesla never stops improving. At some point, just need to jump in. And stay off all the forums to see what we may be missing :)

Reactions: AussieT
Great delivery of my MYP in Clarkston, MI today. Ordered 4/24. Read some scary stories on here over the past few months of MYs coming with damage and the delivery center not noticing/calling it out, but mine was in great condition (aside from the to-be-expected slight panel gaps and hatch fitment), and the delivery center's communication over the past week was fantastic.

Vehicle came with rear door PPF as expected here in Michigan. Tow hitch panel seems to be an updated part vs last month (has been posted on TMC already), and I can confirm it was VERY easy to remove by just lightly popping 3 tabs at the top with a minus screwdriver. I had purchased a EveryAmp hitch cover remover which was totally worthless as the tool was too thick, but ultimately unneeded given the ease of using a screwdriver.

Replaced a 2019 Model 3 Long Range, and while you can feel the extra weight and higher center of gravity when cornering, the acceleration and practicality of the Y design more than make up for it!

As a side note, if anyone is in the Detroit area and wants this new set of 21" Uberturbines or an unopened Tesla rear door PPF kit, shoot me a DM and we can work out a price. I'm getting a set of aftermarket wheels put on tomorrow, and I got the PPF kit before I learned Tesla started installing them before delivery in my state.
Love it man, congrats. Kuat rack looks great
On there. I have a Kuat 4 bike setup right now waiting to see how it works out.

Reactions: turbospecc
Has anyone taken delivery this quarter? I was supposed to get it by June 30th all the way up to day before it changed the date. Now I have July 8th -24th
But I haven’t seen any deliveries and the existing inventory looks to be completely dry

Is anyone else holding off on their MYP deliveries to see what comes of the new castings and 4680s? I'm very hesitant to do anything right now with this being the most significant update in the MY lifecycle, but I also want the
Just my 2 cents, purely based on speculation. If the 4680 were ready they’d be in the new S. If they can’t supply 4680 yet for the lower volume S, I’m not optimistic they will be ready for Y volume in the next six months. Personally, I wouldn’t buy any Tesla until the line has been running for six months.(panel gaps/build quality) so if you have at least a year, then I’d wait. Unless you drive a ton, or don’t have home charging, the extra range only comes into play on road trips.