Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was already prepping my wife last night that if all this passes we will place another order later in the year for another MYP to take advantage of the addtional 4k IL EV tax credit coming to us in July. Saving ~$12,500 is a no brainier, even if 4680 makes it lose value (doubtful).

At least I'll have one to play with until then and the waiting won't be bad at all. We shall see. I'm already prepared to accept not having the tax credit at the moment. What I will have is equity (hopefully, if I time it right) and plenty of time to take advantage.
Can you educate me with more detail?
So you are planning to take the 2021 delivery. If the EV bill passes then order another one (timing for IL credit as well), then sell the 2021 MYP?
Assume used car will still be crazy by then, you will gain $12,500 and potentially from selling the 2021 MYP, but "lose" one car sales tax?

I'm in the same boat and trying to figure out if I should hold or take the delivery then order another one for tax benefits.

Can you educate me with more detail?
So you are planning to take the 2021 delivery. If the EV bill passes then order another one (timing for IL credit as well), then sell the 2021 MYP?
Assume used car will still be crazy by then, you will gain $12,500 and potentially from selling the 2021 MYP, but "lose" one car sales tax?

I'm in the same boat and trying to figure out if I should hold or take the delivery then order another one for tax benefits.

Just so you know, the IL credit only applies if your income is "not greater" than 80% of the median income around your area. This wasn't the case for me.

The EV rebate is set to go into effect on July 1, 2022. Stipulations tied to the rebate require that an owner keeps the EV for 12 months, to register the vehicle and to live within the state for that year as well. Buyers will also be required to apply for the credit within 90 days of purchasing their vehicle and those rebates are restricted to customers whose average income doesn’t exceed 80 percent of the area’s median income.

How does one contact an actual human @ Tesla?
I called my local store. When prompted for "sales" an automated message asks you to state your reason for calling. Do not say anything. Just hit #. After a few rings I got an SA. I was very very VERY polite and friendly and asked to speak with the sales manager. After a few rings I got one of the phone. They actually had this amazing speaking voice so I complimented them and told them they should consider doing voiceover work. Big laugh. So I told them my situation and that I needed something more concrete than what the system is showing. He said right now my car is scheduled to built within the next two weeks.

I called my local store. When prompted for "sales" an automated message asks you to state your reason for calling. Do not say anything. Just hit #. After a few rings I got an SA. I was very very VERY polite and friendly and asked to speak with the sales manager. After a few rings I got one of the phone. They actually had this amazing speaking voice so I complimented them and told them they should consider doing voiceover work. Big laugh. So I told them my situation and that I needed something more concrete than what the system is showing. He said right now my car is scheduled to built within the next two weeks.
I went through the same prompts, and got to a 'manager' as well. I even made a joke about an urban legend of them having a magic decoder ring to tell us when the car was scheduled to be manufactured - they laughed and said he wished that was the case.