Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the FL waiting room but they recommended that I come to a Model Y Performance thread..

Hi, I'm in Orlando and new to this site/forum. If it helps anyone I ordered a MYLR White Ex/Black In w/ Tow Hitch on the 3rd week of Jan. Yesterday, I changed to the MYP White/Black/Tow Hitch and this morning I was assigned a VIN and an EDD of the end of FEb/beginning of March.

I chatted with the Tesla and this is what they told me about my vehicle:

"So performance model will all come with the 21’’ Überturbine Wheels all year tires. The Vehicles built after Jan 6th will have the Amd chip and vehicles built after Nov 18th 2021 will all have the li-ion battery."

So then I asked if my VIN corresponds to a Post-Jan 6 build and they said yes and all of the above apply.

Do ya'll think this information is reliable or is it just general blah blah blah that they tell everyone?

I'm still gonna take delivery regardless.

Thanks in advance!

I posted this in the FL waiting room but they recommended that I come to a Model Y Performance thread..

Hi, I'm in Orlando and new to this site/forum. If it helps anyone I ordered a MYLR White Ex/Black In w/ Tow Hitch on the 3rd week of Jan. Yesterday, I changed to the MYP White/Black/Tow Hitch and this morning I was assigned a VIN and an EDD of the end of FEb/beginning of March.

"So performance model will all come with the 21’’ Überturbine Wheels all year tires. The Vehicles built after Jan 6th will have the Amd chip and vehicles built after Nov 18th 2021 will all have the li-ion battery."

So then I asked if my VIN corresponds to a Post-Jan 6 build and they said yes and all of the above apply.

Do ya'll think this information is reliable or is it just general blah blah blah that they tell everyone?

Thanks in advance!
I would not put much stock in it since there are several examples of post 1/6 builds that now have the Intel. Ithink SA's are hit or miss but mostly miss and do not know much of anything.

Reactions: BnGrm

Thanks in advance!
The giveaway that this person was not "in the know" is that they split AMD from Li-Ion as if there are cars with one and not the other.

The car looks Beautiful! Does it come with the carbon fiber spoiler? Did you pick it up at the Florida Ave store? Counting my days down. Picking up on the 20th....
Yes, spoiler is there. Picked up on Florida Ave, literally did everything by myself. Brought a drill to do the plate transfer. You have three days to submit for service on any quality issues. Was in and out in 20 mins.

Inspected car more at home and ran a few errands. Then scheduled for service.

-driver door not closing properly.
-driver door has scratches.
-frunk/hood is dented from someone pressing too hard (I have a M3 and never bent it, because I know where to press).

Worth a mention:
-issue with trunk seal, fixed myself.
-paint quality is eh… but nothing terrible. Makes me not want PPF.
-wheels/tires - negative camber. Offset could be better. Tires are so stretched it’s crazy. Will most likely get new wheels shortly.

Other:
-Acceleration is just madness. Incredible 10/10.
-handles like a dream
-sound system is great
-very comfortable, but sporty.
-ultra quiet

Agreed with that. Who ordered that late and has been given a VIN with older tech? No one yet

Many of us ordered after the AMD CPU and new 12v battery was announced. So our expectation going into this was the newer technology, not a regression.
In my case, when I finally pulled the trigger and placed the order on Jan 12th, there were many reports of US made cars having AMDs and how this was supposed to be so much better. If they gave me an option of do you want intel or for $1000 more you get a new AMD chip, then I have a choice and cant complain. Right now it seems to be a lottery as to who gets what.!