Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My husband and I ordered a MYLR7 but upgraded after a few days as soon as I test drove the MYP and verified the kids' booster seats all fit in the second row. It was functionally a $0 change for us because we originally planned on purchasing the acceleration boost for the LR7. I also wasn't keen on picking which of my children to sit in the third row or fighting them in situations where we needed the cargo space. That said, I think the 7 seat option is amazing and am very glad Tesla offers it - it seats as many people as my (soon-to-be-traded-in) suburban without getting 11mpg 🥴
i initially wanted to get the performance version but i've seen tons of complaints about the drive since it has 21" wheels so its a super bumpy ride. I personally wouldn't compromise a smoother ride just to get the car earlier

The ride can be bumpy with the new 21 inch wheels. You may want to opts for the long range with the 19 inch wheels if you want to minimize bumpiness in your rides.

quoted from an article. but if you just google performance vs long range, etc; you will see lots of complaints about the 21 inch wheels. which makes sense. the larger the wheels, the bumpier the ride. thats just fact with any car.

Reactions: Jones1
Hope this is true. I’ve seen people with March ODs getting vins already. I’m a Feb OD and all I have is a two week window starting in 19 days
MYP OD 2/22/22. Blue/white int/no tow/ FSD. First EDD 5/15-6/14 next EDD 4/18-5/15 then 5/18-6/15 last week updated 5/29-6/12. Nothing since.
I ordered the same exact day you did and have a similar EDD 5/28-6/11 MSM/black int/tow/no FSD

The ride can be bumpy with the new 21 inch wheels. You may want to opts for the long range with the 19 inch wheels if you want to minimize bumpiness in your rides.

quoted from an article. but if you just google performance vs long range, etc; you will see lots of complaints about the 21 inch wheels. which makes sense. the larger the wheels, the bumpier the ride. thats just fact with any car.
I’ll have to see. Or feel. I drove the 20 in LR. I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. I do own a car on 20’s and a Truck on 24’s. So I’m probably not the normal car guy. I was a truck driver for 15 years. Long time ago. So hopefully it will be as smooth as a babies bottom. 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlitos
I will be honest here. I am old enough to be unbiased and true. In my personal opinion, the MYP rides fine, with barely noticeable level change on uneven roads which can be removed with thicker tires on the same rims. Meanwhile, I found the MYLR to be slightly underpowered to my own liking.

So if you are ok with the standard acceleration or need 7 seats take the MYLR, if you want an ok ride and acceleration take the MYP and add fatter tires and if you need an air suspension take the Rivian r1s. You have options at three price points, buy what you like

no need to be a child and berate others' choices 'of adjusting to get it early'

Reactions: Jones1
Can i change the colour of the Model Y? will it affect the EDD? Previously chosen Red want to change it to Gray.

Yes sign in and then copy and paste this link without the spaces and after the last forward slash, enter your RN#

This only works for orders after a certain date, forget what date it is. Works for me and I ordered 3/5/22

www. tesla. com/teslaaccount/edit-design/

I think when we say Bumpy we need to consider "compared to what"...in my case I come from a 21 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Manual, my MYP will be Rolls Royce smooth, and like somebody said already, with my car I have already a very good training on self breaking/one pedal driving :D

Reactions: ILMMYP
Just had an SA Text me about my order and changed the financing to my CU, still no vin but I got a "we aren't expecting any delays, your EDD is the most accurate indicator". Sigh, 18 days until my delivery window starts.....

i initially wanted to get the performance version but i've seen tons of complaints about the drive since it has 21" wheels so its a super bumpy ride. I personally wouldn't compromise a smoother ride just to get the car earlier
I had the same concern about P vs LR. My test drive was in a MYLR, and I felt that the ride was tight, but not stiff. Other than the earlier delivery, I also wanted the P‘s matrix headlights since I drive on a lot of two lane roads. After a few days on Craigslist, I found a set of Geminis with covers and 4k miles on the Contis for $1,100. $300 for TPMS and $100 for installation and rebalance, and they’re waiting in the garage for the MYP to arrive. I plan to drive on the Uberturbines this summer, then switch to the Geminis when I start my once a week 250 mile commute this fall.