Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation on all-weather mats for Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just picked up my Model X today! My wife wants me to get some floor mats so that they are easier to clean and the actual carpet is more protected. Any recommendations on what to get? I have the 5-seat configuration.

Thanks!

I am using these in Model S. The top threads look worn after a couple of months at the driver location, but they work great until you find exactly what you are looking for. Easy to trim and a single cut in a full mat can help with the raised dead pedal on the left driver side. They are thin enough to be used over the carpet mats. They are also handy to protect the Model X plastic step plate from scratches when entering the rear seats. At $2.97 each, the price is right to replace them when worn or soiled. Easily found at your local Home Depot. Just don't believe their ad: "Offers incredible durability for years of daily use."

TrafficMASTER Rib-It Charcoal 18 in. x 27 in. Door Mat-904 - The Home Depot

Last edited:
I had just posted this reply earlier today in another thread.
I purchased the ToughPro mats for my 5 seater and they have worked out great. I'm very impressed with the overall quality and the coverage they provide for the floor. The second row mat covers almost every inch of the floor. It slides under the front seats and slides under the middle row seats.

I only had to modify the trunk mat slightly to allow for access to the leather strap to lift the rear cargo panel.

ToughPro Model X Rear and Frunk Mats
ToughPro Model X 5 Seater Mats

If you go for the Tesla's all weather mats, note that cleaning them basically requires the cleaning product from that mat maker (Weathertech). Otherwise cleaning them is not easy. They are a nice looking, but a bit tricky product in that way.

Good to know that info. I did not know and suspect mine have held up well because I haven't had them long enough or through a harsher season.