Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reconciliation Bill and Estimated Delivery timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had put my order on hold like 5 days before delivery (Sept 26) in order to see if this bill was going to pass. My hold just released and new EDD of March 16.... ouch. I guess your spot in the queue is reset if you put your order on hold (guy on the phone definitely said you would get back into front of queue).
I think it depends. I had mine on hold til 10-1 and last night my EDD was October 17 - November 14.

EDIT: Ruh-oh, now it's Estimated Delivery: October 07 - October 11

Another hold? Crap!

Last edited:
I had put my order on hold like 5 days before delivery (Sept 26) in order to see if this bill was going to pass. My hold just released and new EDD of March 16.... ouch. I guess your spot in the queue is reset if you put your order on hold (guy on the phone definitely said you would get back into front of queue).
When my hold expired in mid-September, I immediately got a new date at the end of September. So there must be some other factors that Tesla uses to determine what position you get when you go back in the queue.

My SA had to ask his mgr and get back to me, but they approved a 12/1 hold date for me. It was noticeable how threatening and curt the SA was. He threatened the possibility of cancelling my order several times and that they had so much demand they had all the power (in certain words). It will be nice when supply and demand level out a bit in the market and Tesla can focus a little more on customer service.

Anyway, finger are crossed that when 12/1 rolls around my EDD goes into January.

I’m probably going to be asking for a hold this week as my EDD moved up somehow and we still don’t know if any legislation is coming. Fun times haha.
Spidey616, how did this work out? Did you get your VIN# before asking for a hold on the delivery? Have current EDD of October 25 - November 04 and trying to figure out the process. Thanks for clarification and any info!

Spidey616, how did this work out? Did you get your VIN# before asking for a hold on the delivery? Have current EDD of October 25 - November 04 and trying to figure out the process. Thanks for clarification and any info!
I spoke to my SA and they said I can call and ask for a hold at any time. If I get a VIN first just decline it. My EDD slipped a month so I’m still waiting to see how things shake out.

I heard they are narrowing down to $2 trillion. Remains to be seen if ev credits were cut.
I’ve seen $1.9 trillion might be the target. But who knows. From an EV perspective it seems like good news as no one is talking about then for removal so far. That being said it’s probably an easy and relatively cheap cut from the pov of the politicians. Sadly all we can do is wait and see.

I’ve seen $1.9 trillion might be the target. But who knows. From an EV perspective it seems like good news as no one is talking about then for removal so far. That being said it’s probably an easy and relatively cheap cut from the pov of the politicians. Sadly all we can do is wait and see.
...as my EDD creeps up. Likely just going to place a hold till January if I can. That would be 35 days past my delivery window. I hope they don't keep the $55k cap on sedans. Does anyone know if it's the price of the base model sedan or the one you buy? Example, the Model 3 Standard Range Plus starts at $41,990 and is well under the proposed cap. Does that mean all versions of the Model 3 qualify? Example, the Model 3 Performance starts at $57,990 and is over the cap. Thoughts??

It’s the one you buy based on my understanding. Also keep in mind only one of the proposed legislation had that cap on it. Not sure which one will make it out and how it gets modified. Basically we have a lot of questions and not many answers right now.

They are targeting end of this week to have a consensus on what the bill will have - don't know if it will become public if it actually happens.
That leaves the rest of today and tomorrow then. That would be nice to at least see the final bill being sent for vote. At least we would have definitive answers to some speculative questions. Then all that would be left is pass/fail. @rishid do you mind sharing where you learned this info?

That leaves the rest of today and tomorrow then. That would be nice to at least see the final bill being sent for vote. At least we would have definitive answers to some speculative questions. Then all that would be left is pass/fail. @rishid do you mind sharing where you learned this info?

• Disagree
Reactions: iPlug
That was a good read. It’s does point positively towards at least some framework to be completed relatively soon to fit with Biden’s timeline. There may in fact be some serious movement in the next couple of days.

• Disagree
Reactions: iPlug and h2ofun
As an ID.4 owner and soon to be Model Y owner... the entire public non-Tesla charging network is hot garbage. I spent a day with a M3 SR+ this week and loved how simple and fast the charging was.

Electrify America and EVGo are unreliable exercises in frustration. You won't get widespread adoption without better public charging. EVs will continue to be a few percent of total sales.. maybe as high as 10% in a few years... maybe.

The EV $7500 tax credit is great but catered to the wealthier. EVs need infrastructure help. Like a law that says every gas station needs a single working EV DC charger at least and subsidies to help this.

And charging standards. We have Tesla, CHADeMO, CCS1, J-1772, etc. for DC and AC charging. It's will contribute to confusion over the next few years.

Reactions: h2ofun
As an ID.4 owner and soon to be Model Y owner... the entire public non-Tesla charging network is hot garbage. I spent a day with a M3 SR+ this week and loved how simple and fast the charging was...
We were seriously considering the ID.4 to replace the wife's Leaf coming off lease next year. But for reasons that include what you mention, we have a MY on order for her to join our SR+. Charging infrastructure is particularly important for her replacement as it will be our family trip vehicle.

Reactions: voxel and dhrivnak
We were seriously considering the ID.4 to replace the wife's Leaf coming off lease next year. But for reasons that include what you mention, we have a MY on order for her to join our SR+. Charging infrastructure is particularly important for her replacement as it will be our family trip vehicle.

It makes for a cheap (if you can call a $42K MSRP car cheap - but alas we buyers are in different tax bracket) city commuter car. It suffers from SUV body roll but with the soft suspension rides like a couch - smoother than the SR+ IMO. It works if you charge at home only and can live with the dozen glitches. Personally I could not and I'm pretty tech-savvy.

Reactions: iPlug