Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reconciliation Bill and Estimated Delivery timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few new developments. None of which look good.

On climate, the CPC demanded a “strong national clean energy standard” that would “create millions of clean jobs in the renewable energy sector to help meet emissions reductions through binding, enforceable federal clean-energy standards.” To meet these goals, Democrats proposed a $150 billion Clean Electricity Performance Program (CEPP) that would push electric utilities to transition to renewable energy sources.

Manchin has demanded that Democrats cut the CEPP entirely from their bill. The Wolf of West Virginia has a massive conflict of interest here — his family’s coal brokerage sells dirty waste coal to a Mountain State power plant — but Democrats seem to be willing to go along with his demand, anyway. A final bill could end up losing the CEPP and spending just $300 billion over ten years to fight the climate crisis, as compared to more than $8 trillion for the regular Pentagon budget over the same time period.

Progressive lawmakers seem resigned to losing their clean energy program, with many of them signing onto a new letter to Biden saying that

if the package does not contain a strong CEPP, we will need your unwavering support for significant additional investments in climate priorities to close the resulting emissions gap, create new jobs and support transitioning workers, support environmental justice priorities without worsening inequities, and meet the climate test in the coming days and weeks as we approach the United Nations climate negotiations.

"Framework" slated for Thursday and full text hoped to be completed next week. If they don't get this wrapped up by Nov 5th before recess, I just don't see this happening in 2022. The next session before Thanksgiving will all be about the debt ceiling again.

On climate, the CPC demanded a “strong national clean energy standard” that would “create millions of clean jobs in the renewable energy sector to help meet emissions reductions through binding, enforceable federal clean-energy standards.” To meet these goals, Democrats proposed a $150 billion Clean Electricity Performance Program (CEPP) that would push electric utilities to transition to renewable energy sources.

Manchin has demanded that Democrats cut the CEPP entirely from their bill. The Wolf of West Virginia has a massive conflict of interest here — his family’s coal brokerage sells dirty waste coal to a Mountain State power plant — but Democrats seem to be willing to go along with his demand, anyway. A final bill could end up losing the CEPP and spending just $300 billion over ten years to fight the climate crisis, as compared to more than $8 trillion for the regular Pentagon budget over the same time period.

Progressive lawmakers seem resigned to losing their clean energy program, with many of them signing onto a new letter to Biden saying that
Biden could put an EO that could shutter most coal plants in a year.
He has more than enough controls to hinder and even cancel outright some of the systems that make coal work.
Of course he will need to also fast track replacements, or make the plants go NG, still doable.

• Disagree
Reactions: Noflash and h2ofun

Is the CEPP related to the EV tax credits? From what I’ve been trying to research this morning I couldn’t find a correlation but I’m not sure.

More updates announced today. Model 3 Performance is officially out for any rebates...lame. Thinking of changing my order from a performance to a LR and buy the performance boost. Thoughts? I see a lot of posts on this thread who sell their LR for a performance. Why is that? Styling, faster acceleration, handling?? Also considering a Model Y Performance as it will qualify for $8000 off sticker making it cheaper than a Model 3 Performance. Really wanted a sedan though to do some autocross with. Model Y seems unfit for the track plus I prefer the look of the 3 vs Y. Help!!!! Thoughts please.

More updates announced today. Model 3 Performance is officially out for any rebates...lame. Thinking of changing my order from a performance to a LR and buy the performance boost. Thoughts? I see a lot of posts on this thread who sell their LR for a performance. Why is that? Styling, faster acceleration, handling?? Also considering a Model Y Performance as it will qualify for $8000 off sticker making it cheaper than a Model 3 Performance. Really wanted a sedan though to do some autocross with. Model Y seems unfit for the track plus I prefer the look of the 3 vs Y. Help!!!! Thoughts please.
Wait until bill is passed. Then worry about it.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Terrible, flippant advice.

Sorry, that's a bit harsh. But really the guy is asking for advice on what to do with his order before legislation is finalized, not after. Waiting until the bill is passed would be too late.
This. I figure once things go "final" and if it passes there will be a flood of orders and potential price increases by Tesla. I'd prefer to get ahead of it and maximize savings. I am just looking for thoughts from owners or other people who may be in the same boat as me.

Any chance Tesla lowers the price of the M3P under 55k and allows you to purchase some type of performance package after the sale in order to allow the M3P to qualify? I've seen a few people post about this on other forums but haven't seen many comments about the topic yet.

Also interested in purchasing now, but am waiting to hear about the chances for the rebate.

Any chance Tesla lowers the price of the M3P under 55k and allows you to purchase some type of performance package after the sale in order to allow the M3P to qualify? I've seen a few people post about this on other forums but haven't seen many comments about the topic yet.

This. I figure once things go "final" and if it passes there will be a flood of orders and potential price increases by Tesla. I'd prefer to get ahead of it and maximize savings. I am just looking for thoughts from owners or other people who may be in the same boat as me.
Well, we really don't know anything until it passes. It may not pass. You may not qualify per income restrictions. There may be all sorts of amendments added that change it. If you are worried about a flood of orders delaying your, it's kind of too late isn't it? If you change your configuration to a LR, you wait until June and absorb any price increases.

If you bought a LR and get the $8k, would you always regret not getting the Performance?
If you bought the Performance and didn't get the $8k, would you always regret not getting the tax credit?
When you are on your death bed are you going to think about all the cool cars you had or all the cool tax maneuvers you made? :D

With the uncertainty of the bill, does it do you any good to worry? Sounds like you are more dialed in to the bill than the average american. Once the bill becomes more certain you can reevaluate what's important to you.

I have been spamming my congressmen about this, but guess what, even though the incentives will be a massive windfall for Texas, the Republican congressmen will never vote FOR the bill, because "Reasons" (IOW: Democratic bill).

They will cut off nose to spite their face.

• Disagree
Reactions: h2ofun and Noflash
Moderator note: Moved 15 posts about the suitability of EVs as mini-van and/or road trip cars to a new thread:

Bruce.

Reactions: Noflash and jsight
Maybe time to revive this again. Not sure when it will be passed but looks like there is ev money in there for tesla.