Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reconciliation Bill and Estimated Delivery timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere the max allowable price tag for a sedan is $55k to be eligible for incentives under the proposed new bill? Has anyone else seen this or can anyone speak more on this? I'm set on the performance model which has a purchase price of $56,990 ($1,990 over) If this is true, I might as well go ahead and order now since the performance wouldn't qualify. Thoughts??
I've been advising people to order now regardless. 99% of us won't get a VIN prior to this month's vote so you might as well lock in the price and can put the order on hold to ensure a 2022 delivery.

Reactions: jsight
I read somewhere the max allowable price tag for a sedan is $55k to be eligible for incentives under the proposed new bill? Has anyone else seen this or can anyone speak more on this? I'm set on the performance model which has a purchase price of $56,990 ($1,990 over) If this is true, I might as well go ahead and order now since the performance wouldn't qualify. Thoughts??
The most current version that I have seen has a cap for sedans of 55k. Details of the House's US EV Incentives Proposal As others have noted, this is not finalized and lots can change. The version that a senate committee discussed much earlier was a quite a bit different.

I saw a posting recently (can't seem to find it now) on how Tesla has managed these caps elsewhere by selling a cheaper car, and allowing upgrades after purchase (like they do with FSD now). So they sell you a software capped battery at a lower price and allow you to upgrade from standard to long range afterwards. Don't know if that would work here.

I mean Tesla may only sell 500 cars in US in Q4 if the 8k tax credit bill is passed in two weeks…
Doubtful. People that don't know anything will still buy the car. Leases for business. People that must have a car now. People that don't pay taxes anyway for some reason (and unclear how that will play out in final bill). People over 400k income.
Even just ignorant folks make up way more than 500.

Put order in today for a Model Y, estimated delivery time March. As of last night they cancelled referral incentives so unable to work a self referral deal for supercharger credits. Anticipate if waited much longer, though, more price hikes coming as Federal incentives become more of a sure thing.

This will replace wife’s Leaf coming off lease in June. I confirmed with Tesla that they can delay my delivery up to 6 months if needed once they are ready to execute on their end.

Reactions: Notadog and Noflash
Does anyone know, if I make most of my money under the table and therefore have very low federal taxes to pay, does this mean I don't get the money? Is it a rebate or a credit or a check they send? I'm confused as to if I will actually qualify since I owe less taxes than the alleged rebate or whatever actually pays out, however it pays out.

Does anyone know, if I make most of my money under the table and therefore have very low federal taxes to pay, does this mean I don't get the money? Is it a rebate or a credit or a check they send? I'm confused as to if I will actually qualify since I owe less taxes than the alleged rebate or whatever actually pays out, however it pays out.
Current cred is an offset of tax liability with no refund. Proposal is a POS cred so you could collect the full amount

Reactions: ZapCarM3
Reactions: thinktwice
...think I'm just going to order today. We'll see what happens /sigh :rolleyes:
Annoying times. Order now and maybe miss this incentive. Order later maybe price will be higher, still no incentive and the current incentives are gone and waitlist super long.

I dunno but this kind of thinking keeps me locked into making no decisions and just waiting because I don't feel informed enough to know how I want to proceeed but is anybody?

Maybe you could just apply for food stamps or disability instead? There must be some other way you can rip off the taxpayers.