Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Brake Calipers - incredible work and price!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my Model 3 done. They look fantastic. For those wanting to know the price, it was $4000. $1000 per wheel. OK maybe I was being a bit selfish and not wanting anybody else to get it done so mine looks better than everyone else..... the real cost was $250. Takes a bit less than 2 hours.
He recommends not painting them red though, something about that colour causing seizures in small children and dogs.... there I go again sorry.

Just had my Model 3 done. They look fantastic. For those wanting to know the price, it was $4000. $1000 per wheel. OK maybe I was being a bit selfish and not wanting anybody else to get it done so mine looks better than everyone else..... the real cost was $250. Takes a bit less than 2 hours.
He recommends not painting them red though, something about that colour causing seizures in small children and dogs.... there I go again sorry.

Pics?

I recently had my 16' 90D done up with window tint and red brake calipers. I have to post this as the gentleman in Toronto who specializes in Caliper painting, did nothing short of phenomenal work. Price was $250! Including OEM Tesla decals and 3 coats of paint/2 coats clear coat with absolutely zero overspray. Gorgeous final look. I've posted some pics of before, during and after. His measurement of Tesla decals was laser cut exact to OEM spec. I'm impressed and thought I'd share for any non 'P' owners wishing to upgrade their calipers!

Regards
Nav

Wondering:
How did it survive our winter?
Asking as a friend of mine painted his calipers and after one winter his paint was almost gone (I don't know who did it for him - but not the guys mentioned in here).

Wondering:
How did it survive our winter?
Asking as a friend of mine painted his calipers and after one winter his paint was almost gone (I don't know who did it for him - but not the guys mentioned in here).

It has survived 2 winters and looks brand new.
Spence doesn’t do shoddy work :) he does 3-4 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear coat and bakes each layer in. I’ve been power washed here and there and zero flaking!

I actually did the same and he sent me the new decal design he's going to install for me. I wanted it smaller text and spaced out more. It looks good.

Yeah he sent me the work in progress one. We are trying to get the spacing and font size just right. He has another car coming in on Saturday to get done so he'll take some more measurements with that one. Unfortunately my car is with Tesla Service so I couldn't assist more.

Reactions: yyzunderdog
Yeah he sent me the work in progress one. We are trying to get the spacing and font size just right. He has another car coming in on Saturday to get done so he'll take some more measurements with that one. Unfortunately my car is with Tesla Service so I couldn't assist more.

That would be my car, hot day at the shop but watching the football match got me though it. It's not the smaller size design but I like how they look when it's all done. Spence did offer to redo it when they have the new design but this is fine for me. Great guys there.

Attachments

• 20180630_132948.jpg
    20180630_132948.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 20180630_133007.jpg
    20180630_133007.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 20180630_162831.jpg
    20180630_162831.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20180630_162837.jpg
    20180630_162837.jpg