Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish this thread had more photos of Red/White Teslas.

I cant wait to pickup mine!
I can see and feel your love for red. Initially, I was not so enthusiastic about the red exterior and we couldn't as we were limited by $55K cap for 5 seater for the IRS tax credit. You can see in my signature that I ordered W/W. However my wife likes red. So, when we found the red one at a nearby location - by the time IRS revised MYLR 5 seater for $80K cap for tax credit - we went with it. I am now actually glad that my white was not available until Apr-May and got the red. It is absolutely stunning. Good luck and wish you get your soon.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
Yes - no issue at all...the seats are very easy to clean. I keep a thing of baby wipes in the back and things just wipe right off when they happen. If you wear jeans a lot, you may notice a bit of color from the jeans on the driver seat. But I have interior cleaner and I just wipe the seats down occasionally and it was never an issue for me. I was so scared when I got them the first time of any little thing getting on them until I realized how easy they are to clean.

Thanks for the info.

I have asked to adjust my order to the white seats. Hopefully doesn't delay my order too much but rather get the white seats.

Reactions: GoGators!
I can see and feel your love for red. Initially, I was not so enthusiastic about the red exterior and we couldn't as we were limited by $55K cap for 5 seater for the IRS tax credit. You can see in my signature that I ordered W/W. However my wife likes red. So, when we found the red one at a nearby location - by the time IRS revised MYLR 5 seater for $80K cap for tax credit - we went with it. I am now actually glad that my white was not available until Apr-May and got the red. It is absolutely stunning. Good luck and wish you get your soon.
I was also on the fence for Red, never owned a red car before, My brother in law had a red model 3 that we always thought looked great but still hesitant, Wife said she wanted red, after getting it home there is something about the black on red that just makes it for me, i'm now sold on the red.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    868.1 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: iLata
I was also on the fence for Red, never owned a red car before, My brother in law had a red model 3 that we always thought looked great but still hesitant, Wife said she wanted red, after getting it home there is something about the black on red that just makes it for me, i'm now sold on the red.

Beautiful!! Is that the factory wax job making it shine so much or did you wax her already?!!?

Reactions: greenearth2129
Anyone from Feb order date has received theirs? My OD is 02/08, Red/Black MYP. I am in SoCal.
I'm also Red/Black MYP in Los Angeles; ordered 02/03/23 with EDD of 03/09/23-03/31/23. Received first text message from Tesla Burbank on 03/02/23 about Trade In (which I didn't select in the pre-delivery tasks). No VIN received nor any additional updates at this time.

Last edited:
She's home!! Took delivery last night and had to drive home 100 miles in a storm 😕 Didn't wash the car but did clean the wheels and put the new wheel covers on. Such a stunning car in person. Getting PPF on the front end and windows tinted all next week So excited!!
View attachment 913872
Congratulations ! Love it , waiting for the similar MYLR R/W 19” - Raleigh,NC

Is that a Rimetrix?