Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redesign? New frunk, headlights and power trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The outer section sub-assembly at least... as explained by the poster who tried to retrofit the old/legacy EU tailights on a US Model 3... these will most likely not be plug and play, just as the EU units are not.

Aside from the new assemblies, software config needs to be toggled over which SCs and MS will most probably not want to do on elective retrofits. Too bad.

• Informative
Reactions: Adam3
I’ve had my model 3 for a week or so. The only things I like more is the heat pump and power lift gate. I wonder if there will be a way to retrofit them. I would buy an OEM power trunk in an instant over the 3rd party options.

I like my current frunk with the 3rd party grocery hooks I bought. I like the current headlight design more as well.

Reactions: MJP.P3D-
It sounds like there is a couple of refreshed items occuring in the near term including a possible switchover to black trim for the 3 to match the Y (Tesla China submits filings for Model 3 with Model Y-style chrome delete). These filings in China have usually been an indicator of changes to come in the US (like the wireless charger being included and USB-C ports)

I'm predicting that all of these rumored changes will be included in the Model3 by the end of the year:
  • New frunk design
  • Power lift gate
  • Updated headlights (cornering lights)
  • Updated tailights (EU style amber turn signals)
  • Heat pump included
  • Black trim
  • Removal of SR+/Reintroduction of LR RWD as base model

It sounds like there is a couple of refreshed items occuring in the near term including a possible switchover to black trim for the 3 to match the Y (Tesla China submits filings for Model 3 with Model Y-style chrome delete). These filings in China have usually been an indicator of changes to come in the US (like the wireless charger being included and USB-C ports)

I'm predicting that all of these rumored changes will be included in the Model3 by the end of the year:
  • New frunk design
  • Power lift gate
  • Updated headlights (cornering lights)
  • Updated tailights (EU style amber turn signals)
  • Heat pump included
  • Black trim
  • Removal of SR+/Reintroduction of LR RWD as base model

Where did you find evidence that the updated headlights have cornering lights?

Looks like it won't fit as the Tesla Shop is now calling out a "Smooth" & "Beaded" Frunk.

Ed
Nice catch. Genuinely surprised Tesla updated this so quickly on their website.
upload_2020-8-26_9-3-50.png

I think that's the point. It points the pointlessness of the thread.
I know you're just being a classic troll so I dont really care but when there is evidence of possible upcoming changes it can effect people's buying decisions and timing. If there is photographic evidence and certain filings that point towards more tangible proof that changes are coming soon that is very different from random platitudes about changes being inevitable or random made up claims with no evidence.

Some of these changes are already confirmed and others may come soon. If this additional information isn't helpful to you then just move on, why did you even click on the thread? I skip many threads I think are stupid or not relevant to me but you apparently do not. Congrats, you just wasted your time.

I know you're just being a classic troll so I dont really care but when there is evidence of possible upcoming changes it can effect people's buying decisions and timing. If there is photographic evidence and certain filings that point towards more tangible proof that changes are coming soon that is very different from random platitudes about changes being inevitable or random made up claims with no evidence.

Some of these changes are already confirmed and others may come soon. If this additional information isn't helpful to you then just move on, why did you even click on the thread? I skip many threads I think are stupid or not relevant to me but you apparently do not. Congrats, you just wasted your time.
I'm a troll? All I did was answer your question. I didn't post the comment you questioned.

I do see his point, although the thread started with real information, it digressed to idle speculation, and rumor mongering.

Too bad, though, that you don't have a sense of humor. But to compensate, you have the super power to know that a thread is stupid without even reading it.

Didn’t ask any question of you. He didn’t make any point but he could’ve by asking for more proof of other people’s claims.

I’m so sorry I didn’t think your comment was funny, I bet you thought you were being hilarious. However, I can determine when something is not relevant or helpful after reading through it and then deciding to stop following a thread. I guess that must seem like a super power to you. SAD!

I think that means they fit both types. Looks like the floor of both of them look the same in terms of the shape of the floor.
If you look at the listing on the Tesla shop, there is a note at the bottom that implies the "Front cargo mat" only works with the smooth basin molding which is the old trunk design.

"Note: Please refer to your basin molding to determine compatibility. The front cargo mat is compatible with the smooth basin."

Reactions: ropogigio724
Didn’t ask any question of you. He didn’t make any point but he could’ve by asking for more proof of other people’s claims.

I’m so sorry I didn’t think your comment was funny, I bet you thought you were being hilarious. However, I can determine when something is not relevant or helpful after reading through it and then deciding to stop following a thread. I guess that must seem like a super power to you. SAD!
Well, apparently you can't figure out who wrote what. Or you're a troll, or both.

doesn't matter. You may now have the last word.

The article i included mentions that the new light design could be for cornering lights and the photo inclouded seems to show that as being plausible. We will see if more concrete confirmation of the change will come soon though!

Those look like cornering lights to me too based on past cars that I've had that have had them (NOTE: That's the ONLY thing I am basing this post upon - take it for what it's worth).