Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced regenerative breaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So coming onto 2 weeks with M3 SR+

I already have a fault logged to look into why my cameras won't finish collaboration.

Now today I have an error that says that the regenerative breaking has been reduced. I have driven a few miles and it hasn't fixed itself. Anyone else with a similar problem

Attachments

• IMG_20211005_091844.jpg
    IMG_20211005_091844.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 66
I cannot remember the exact wording but it looks like it’s the same message (along with dotted regen/power bar) that will be a regular occurrence as the weather starts to cool or you charge battery close to the ‘brim’. It doesn’t have to be cold to have reduced regen, just not hot.

Ye Gods, it even says "braking" on the screen message, not "breaking"!! (As others have said ... that message is normal and is just to make you aware that the slowing of the car may not be as much as you expect.)

I presume the camera issue is about calibration rather than collaboration. Continue to follow up with Tesla Service.

Reactions: Tashou17
So coming onto 2 weeks with M3 SR+

I already have a fault logged to look into why my cameras won't finish collaboration.

Now today I have an error that says that the regenerative breaking has been reduced. I have driven a few miles and it hasn't fixed itself. Anyone else with a similar problem
Welcome to winter with your car. Where you will reduced range as a result of battery chemistry and reduced regen when you first drive while the battery warms up.

It's not an error: as the warming notes, it will go away when the battery warms up. You can check this status by looking at the green/black energy bar (the one close to the speedometer) .. if you look carefully you will see that the left part of the line is dotted .. the more dots the more regen reduction you will have.

(Also, this question comes up every year, a quick search will show you the answer...)

It’s not even properly cold yet - a few other things to look out for as well as reduced regen

Tyre pressures will be reducing in the cold, please check and adjust rather than wait for the tpms alarm
Range will be decreasing, give yourself more headroom if your journeys are otherwise tight
Don’t leave you car at a low state of charge without plugging it in to charge

I’ll leave the winter tyre debate, but I can guarantee we’ll see posts on the above over the next month or so, and they’re all normal