Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla hasn't honored either of the two referrals I sent in. The second person even asked no less than 3 times to make sure I'd get the credit because I complained to him that they shafted me on the first one.

I always get: "We'll look into it and call you back" and never hear anything back. Oh well.

Same here :(

I mean as one using the referral code. I had to ask the same question several time before they finally answered that the code has been applied to my order but I haven't seen any indication of that and I haven't received the benefit...

Could it be the turbine wheels Tesla used at the M3 reveal?

You mean these bad boys? ;)

teslamodel3.png

• Love
Reactions: dgaultiere
Same here :(

I mean as one using the referral code. I had to ask the same question several time before they finally answered that the code has been applied to my order but I haven't seen any indication of that and I haven't received the benefit...

SolarCity aka Tesla Energy did the same thing to me also, yet I still walk around telling everyone how much I love my solar array like a blathering idiot :)

I reached 3 referrals a couple weeks ago.

Interestingly, the fine print for the previous program says:

The new program says:

Everything else remains the same. The new program specifically removed the line about prior award eligibility. This kind of suggests that I can email in and get the Forged Performance Wheels.

That's how i read it too, and because referrals haven't reset in the app, I think the previous ones are counting to the new program?

Nice. glad this option came up. Otherwise the renting a Tesla for a week for 3 referrals is pretty weak.

I would love the wheels. Agree the rental was weak. I have already driven a combined 78 days in a Model S and X because both of my Models 3s have been in service for over 30+ days each. One still has to go back in Feb when parts arrive.

I tell my family when you buy a Model 3s it comes with a Model S.

I am at a tossup with the whole referral thing. I mean, I get it.. It's like Tesla owners helping and educating potential Tesla owners. But it's one of those things where the product speaks for itself and people would do it anyway WITHOUT an incentive.

With that, yeah, a little goodie here and there probably up to the wall charger or wheels is a really nice thing... But to get actual cars?! on top of that, MULTIPLE cars? On top of all the other things too? You would think that all the free roadsters they're giving away could have their money spent on bettering all aspects of the business be it, stock on items in the store, powerwalls for counties in need, not increasing the cost of EAP or FSD, money to actually start releasing that '35k version,' rescuing a miner /s (You get my point). Or MAX, maybe just a discount on the roadster.

Because of this, all I see on Twitter, instagram, youtube (For youtube, do the channels get paid via YouTube as well like all the other content creators? Not sure how much though) anyway, many of the accounts really shill hard on the referrals... "Hey there's still time to order your tesla.. use my code!" Or even, "You know, in the EU, they are now allowing the use of referral codes... so.. Here's how you do it... and if you're in the EU.. USE MY CODE!" If you go on some of these platforms, you'll see content has then shifted from actual Tesla or EV content to have a dedicated video just on the referral program.

I think only Ryan Mcaffrey (sp? - also Awesome podcast) is the only one who in one recent episode was more or less saying, 'Hey, if you have a friend with a tesla, use their code!)

But this is all just an opinion.. It just seems unsustainable. Whereas on a forum like this, where we all help each other and participate has no reward (None needed.. information and knowledge is reward enough.)

Meanwhile, I was watching a video this AM from a guy who had his PM3+ towed 3 times due to a faulty connection or bad hookup to a ground connector that was really good to know. I hope he at least gets wheels!

On the lighter side of all this, my personal favorite YouTube channel for EV, Tesla news has been Zac and Jessie from the now you know channel. IMO, they do so much work weekly and put out great content that covers all aspects of EV ownership so I am happy to see them do well on their channel. And for podcasts has been the ride the lightning podcast from Ryan Mcaffrey.

All in all, rewards or great and all... BUT at the Roadster level and MULTIPLE at that per person.. IDK. Should have been kept simple or stacking 6mo supercharging with a 1 year cap at a time. (Then something like, after that year, if you get 2 more referrals, you can have another year... etc etc)

What does everyone else think? BTW, sorry if you're getting a Roadster by actual referrals to people who you have met in person and have known for more than a fleeting moment on some social media platform ie family, friends, coworkers... (Putting on shield and armor for probably all the hate I'll get...)

For transparency... I have but 1 mere referral to a coworker. And we're the luckiest commuters to drive in this amazing car each an every day! :)

I am at a tossup with the whole referral thing. I mean, I get it.. It's like Tesla owners helping and educating potential Tesla owners. But it's one of those things where the product speaks for itself and people would do it anyway WITHOUT an incentive.

With that, yeah, a little goodie here and there probably up to the wall charger or wheels is a really nice thing... But to get actual cars?! on top of that, MULTIPLE cars? On top of all the other things too? You would think that all the free roadsters they're giving away could have their money spent on bettering all aspects of the business be it, stock on items in the store, powerwalls for counties in need, not increasing the cost of EAP or FSD, money to actually start releasing that '35k version,' rescuing a miner /s (You get my point). Or MAX, maybe just a discount on the roadster.

All in all, rewards or great and all... BUT at the Roadster level and MULTIPLE at that per person.. IDK. Should have been kept simple or stacking 6mo supercharging with a 1 year cap at a time. (Then something like, after that year, if you get 2 more referrals, you can have another year... etc etc)

What does everyone else think? BTW, sorry if you're getting a Roadster by actual referrals to people who you have met in person and have known for more than a fleeting moment on some social media platform ie family, friends, coworkers... (Putting on shield and armor for probably all the hate I'll get...)

For transparency... I have but 1 mere referral to a coworker. And we're the luckiest commuters to drive in this amazing car each an every day! :)

I agree with you. Referfals to get a Roadster seems to be too much as only the big social media people will be able to achieve this. I would be better to improve the rewards for lower levels (no week with an S) and maybe donate a powerwall in the referral in the name of the reward winner.

I'm retired now, have a low social media presence, and no longer have a lot of networking. So, I have no referrals. But I love my M3 and am willing to talk about it to anyone.

Reactions: UltralightBeam
But this is all just an opinion.. It just seems unsustainable. Whereas on a forum like this, where we all help each other and participate has no reward (None needed.. information and knowledge is reward enough.)

It is not meant to be sustainable. It rewards early adopters and those who spread the word via social media more which helps jump start the process. Heck, it's a pyramid if you don't see it.

Because of this, all I see on Twitter, instagram, youtube (For youtube, do the channels get paid via YouTube as well like all the other content creators? Not sure how much though) anyway, many of the accounts really shill hard on the referrals... "Hey there's still time to order your tesla.. use my code!" Or even, "You know, in the EU, they are now allowing the use of referral codes... so.. Here's how you do it... and if you're in the EU.. USE MY CODE!" If you go on some of these platforms, you'll see content has then shifted from actual Tesla or EV content to have a dedicated video just on the referral program.

I think only Ryan Mcaffrey (sp? - also Awesome podcast) is the only one who in one recent episode was more or less saying, 'Hey, if you have a friend with a tesla, use their code!)

Meanwhile, I was watching a video this AM from a guy who had his PM3+ towed 3 times due to a faulty connection or bad hookup to a ground connector that was really good to know. I hope he at least gets wheels!

On the lighter side of all this, my personal favorite YouTube channel for EV, Tesla news has been Zac and Jessie from the now you know channel. IMO, they do so much work weekly and put out great content that covers all aspects of EV ownership so I am happy to see them do well on their channel. And for podcasts has been the ride the lightning podcast from Ryan Mcaffrey.

I used to listen to Ryan McCaffery, however the only thing he talks about now is his roadster and how he is looking for another one to pay the taxes on his first one.

He used to talk about Tesla and his dogs which was great, however the last show I listened to - he talked about his roadster for the first 30 minutes.
I know he doesn't miss my patron contribution...so.....I have just left it alone.

There is another podcaster that constantly talks about his roadsters now....and again....I don't think he will miss my patron contribution.

On the other hand....there is a father and son team/podcast that I couldn't figure out if they won a roadster or not. Their podcast hasn't changed one bit even though they indeed won one.

On the other hand....there is a father and son team/podcast that I couldn't figure out if they won a roadster or not. Their podcast hasn't changed one bit even though they indeed won one.

Yeah! I really like them! That's that Zac and Jessie duo of the Now You Know. I bet they have it. But they're way more humble about it. I like how they cover all the 'here's the fud but...' and then spin it around back on the fudsters. The son finally just got his Model 3 and even without EAP (he's doing the trial). I can tell a lot goes into their shows.

But they are definitely not like this one...
Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 11.17.17 AM.png

Then there's this newer guy who actually talks about his plan and projects how he'll get a roadster by spring of this year and possibly two I think to cover the taxes? But literally all he does is drive around town talking about his Tesla...
Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 11.15.26 AM.png

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Yeah! I really like them! That's that Zac and Jessie duo of the Now You Know. I bet they have it. But they're way more humble about it. I like how they cover all the 'here's the fud but...' and then spin it around back on the fudsters. The son finally just got his Model 3 and even without EAP (he's doing the trial). I can tell a lot goes into their shows.

But they are definitely not like this one...
View attachment 364747

Then there's this newer guy who actually talks about his plan and projects how he'll get a roadster by spring of this year and possibly two I think to cover the taxes? But literally all he does is drive around town talking about his Tesla...
View attachment 364749

You are absolutely correct.

I didn't call any names aside form Ryan, but you hit it perfectly. I used to patron those guys, but I got sick and tired of hearing about their roadsters and roadster plans.

Anywhoo….Thanks Zac and Jesse. Don't let cars change who you are.

I hit 3 severa weeks ago but only the first two show up in my loot box (photo and wall connector). Nothing for the 3rd yet. Was it immediate for you?

To be clear, I have 3 bright green bars and it’s confirmed that all 3 are “Delivered”, but there is nothing under “My Awards” since the wall connector.
Im the same. Have 3 confirmed deliveries since a few weeks ago but only the first two rewards showing up. Hoping it gets fixed and I can get the wheels.

Reactions: UltralightBeam
all of my referrals have come during the period of December, but BEFORE december 23rd. I hope I can get the model 3 wheels, instead of having to take the S or X wheels. I actually clicked on this topic to see what the consensus was on taking the S or X wheels for referrals, since I cant use them but heard people were selling them.

I would prefer to get wheels I personally can use, so I am hoping that my referrals between Dec 4th and Dec 20th work.
To get the S or X wheels you need to be a S or X owner.
upload_2018-12-30_10-49-5.png

To get the S or X wheels you need to be a S or X owner.
View attachment 364805

I saw that previously, yes (after I posted the above, though). It shows up for me to choose in the app though. I dont need "1 week in a tesla model s or X" and a 1 week car rental does not have the same value to me as a set of wheels though. I never chose any wheels

I am just hoping they will let me get the model 3 wheels since they changed the program december 23rd, and my referrals took delivery in december, but only 1 after the 23rd. I have 6 referrals total. I emailed the referral program to ask if I could apply my reward on that referral line to model 3 wheels next year.

I hit 3 severa weeks ago but only the first two show up in my loot box (photo and wall connector). Nothing for the 3rd yet. Was it immediate for you?

To be clear, I have 3 bright green bars and it’s confirmed that all 3 are “Delivered”, but there is nothing under “My Awards” since the wall connector.

Only after my 3rd was delivered could I then see an option to choose my reward under the My Rewards section. If all 3 bars are dark green, meaning they’ve all been delivered, you may want to reach out to Tesla to inquire if you don’t have a reward to choose.

I saw that previously, yes (after I posted the above, though). It shows up for me to choose in the app though. I dont need "1 week in a tesla model s or X" and a 1 week car rental does not have the same value to me as a set of wheels though. I never chose any wheels

I am just hoping they will let me get the model 3 wheels since they changed the program december 23rd, and my referrals took delivery in december, but only 1 after the 23rd. I have 6 referrals total. I emailed the referral program to ask if I could apply my reward on that referral line to model 3 wheels next year.
Please keep us updated on how those conversations go. I’m in the exact same boat, though I only have 3 referrals total. You might have more leverage with your 6.