Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only after my 3rd was delivered could I then see an option to choose my reward under the My Rewards section. If all 3 bars are dark green, meaning they’ve all been delivered, you may want to reach out to Tesla to inquire if you don’t have a reward to choose.

Yep, all 3 are delivered. I think I’ll wait to inquire until the Forged Performance Wheels are available or at least start showing up in loot boxes (“my awards”).

For those that reached out via email to Tesla's referral program, what email did you use? It's amazingly hard to find the email. I tried this address: [email protected]

I'm trying to see if I can change the Arachnid wheels to the Model 3 wheels instead... we really don't need the extra set for our S.
The email you quoted is the one I used. It took almost 3 weeks for them to respond when I asked about my missing referral. I have not received a response yet in relation to my referral reward and the model 3 wheels

I am just hoping they will let me get the model 3 wheels since they changed the program december 23rd, and my referrals took delivery in december, but only 1 after the 23rd. I have 6 referrals total. I emailed the referral program to ask if I could apply my reward on that referral line to model 3 wheels next year.

So you hit 6 after the 23rd? I don't think they're going to let you get it :/

They say "Related vehicle order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and March 11, 2019. Owners who reach each level of referral orders after December 23, 2018 will be eligible for updated vehicle awards above."

So since you had already reached the 3 referral level, i'm guessing that you aren't eligible for that reward. If you had 2 referrals and then got 1 more after the 23rd, i think you would be eligible. It brings up a good question though, what do you get now that you're over 5 referrals? Maybe it all resets and you need 8 for the forged wheels :D

So you hit 6 after the 23rd? I don't think they're going to let you get it :/

They say "Related vehicle order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and March 11, 2019. Owners who reach each level of referral orders after December 23, 2018 will be eligible for updated vehicle awards above."

So since you had already reached the 3 referral level, i'm guessing that you aren't eligible for that reward. If you had 2 referrals and then got 1 more after the 23rd, i think you would be eligible. It brings up a good question though, what do you get now that you're over 5 referrals? Maybe it all resets and you need 8 for the forged wheels :D

I am hoping they might have pity on me, lmao (1st world problem if there ever was one). Yes, my 6th referral took delivery after the 23rd, but the first 5 took delivery from dec 04 - december 21.

I am hoping this might be a case of "Hello Mr. jjrandorin, your referrals happened right before the change in reward tiers but to thank you for your referrals we will let you have an exception...".

One can dream anyway.

I hit 3 severa weeks ago but only the first two show up in my loot box (photo and wall connector). Nothing for the 3rd yet. Was it immediate for you?

To be clear, I have 3 bright green bars and it’s confirmed that all 3 are “Delivered”, but there is nothing under “My Awards” since the wall connector.

Someone on the FB group said they update the "my rewards" tab in batches every few weeks. I've had 2 delivered for a week or so, now, (two dark green bars) and it still only shows the first reward in the "my rewards" list.

The one I referred picked up his yesterday and it reflected immediately in the app as delivered and reward showing. Photo upload states it won't be open until February.

Now I just need to convince two more friends and/or family members to buy one of these amazing vehicles!

The one I referred picked up his yesterday and it reflected immediately in the app as delivered and reward showing. Photo upload states it won't be open until February.

Now I just need to convince two more friends and/or family members to buy one of these amazing vehicles!

Yeah, the reward itself in the "My Rewards" thing may take a while, but when someone orders or takes delivery it has been updated within 24 hours (usually way less) for me for my two recent referrals.

Reactions: Frunkenstein
I was looking at this old twitter photo of a model 3 driven by Franz and noticed the 20" wheel has some kind of insert along the rim.

upload_2019-1-6_17-6-11.png

https://i.redd.it/m6h0deaaocg11.jpg

Photo at another time shows the inserts removed:
Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 4.54.52 PM.png

A look at Tesla Chief Designer’s stunning custom Model 3

Maybe the inserts are some type of initial aero design for 20"s? Sort of like the Power sport ones for the Chinese market?
upload_2019-1-6_17-6-51.png

For those that reached out via email to Tesla's referral program, what email did you use? It's amazingly hard to find the email. I tried this address: [email protected]

I'm trying to see if I can change the Arachnid wheels to the Model 3 wheels instead... we really don't need the extra set for our S.

I'd be interested in the same thing, so if you heard back from them, let us know what they said.

Reactions: EV-by-the-Sea
It has now been close to a month since my 3rd referral delivery, but still showing only 2 rewards in the loot box. I contacted referral support, but they asked for RNs of my referrals so they can confirm. Unfortunately I don't have this info since my referrals have been through social media and I don't have direct contact with them. After I told this to referral support they said they can't confirm, but I should just keep waiting, if the referrals are valid then it should eventually appear in rewards... Not sure why they needed RNs since the referrals are clearly showing up in my app. Have you guys experienced such long lag between the time your referrals take deliveries and when the reward appears?