Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics please, you have white and been looking for more pictures :D

Here are some pics, I need to remove the green stickers.
3E6363AE-064E-477C-9977-5D6DF8DB2C16.jpeg
B507588C-75FB-449F-9535-15783D015DAC.jpeg
27712FD7-1A3C-4148-BA2F-E25ACDEC67F7.jpeg
27712FD7-1A3C-4148-BA2F-E25ACDEC67F7.jpeg

I wished I liked those wheels more. They don’t do anything for the car if you ask me. And they’re not even lighter. I just don’t get it...

Looks are 100% subjective... I really like the look of those wheels (much more than the stock 20s) AND they have the benefit of not being on every other single tesla model 3.

Tesla already has limited colors for their cars (understandable). I will have mine installed as soon as I can get my hands on them, because I like how they look and love that my car will be a "little different". I could do the same thing with third party rims but for me THESE will be free.... just the cost of my time getting previous referrals. I was already talking to people about my car anyway, so I would have been doing that anyway.

I wished I liked those wheels more. They don’t do anything for the car if you ask me. And they’re not even lighter. I just don’t get it...

Yea the weight is for sure a head scratcher and the extra 0.5" width is kinda meh. Now that we see them in the aftermarket Track Pack, i wonder if these will be included with an eventual Ludicrous Model 3 or some package similar to that too

That looks good. I was thinking about getting RB 2-piece rotors to make up for the weight gain from the 20 inch wheels, but I don't care for the look of black rotors shown on their website.

RB Front: RB 2pc Rotor (320x26mm) Stock Repl for Tesla Model 3 (Non-Perf. Brake) Front (Incl. Brake pad))
RB Rear: RB 2pc Rotor (335x21mm) Stock Repl. for Tesla Model 3 Rear Base Model (Not for Perf. Model)

It appears that your rotors aren't black. Are the photos on the RB website misleading or did they change their design since you got yours?
Sd_engnr is right. It was black but all that coating came off. It’s definitely lighter than the stock rotors. I made a video about it but haven’t uploaded it yet. Anyway the savings was about 22lbs combined.

Forged doesn't mean lightweight. It's just how it's made. You can find cast wheels that are lighter than forged wheels.

You seem to not understand the goal of using the far-more-expensive forging process to manufacture wheels ? Hint: It's not to make a wheel that costs 4x as much to produce but is no better than the adequately-strong cast version.

There is a reason Tesla doesn't build its aluminum doors on the Model 3 three times the thickness of the steel door strength equivalent. They make it far less than that so it maintains the required strength for safety while lowering the weight.

Forging aluminum is done to maintain the required strength, not for creating an indestructible "performance" wheel that weighs the same as the cast version and thus offers no more performance than the original (unless you plan on running your Model 3 on the Paris-Dakar rally or a Ken Block Gymkahna video).

Referral wheels? Selling? Offset?
Yup, referral reward wheels. :) Nope. Not selling at this moment (It might go on my TMY!). It seems the offset is 40mm.
I got the BOM not too long ago:

WHEEL ORNAMENTATION CENTER CAP - ZERO G
Part #: 1044232-01-A
Order Qty: 4

WHEEL, 20X9.0J ET40, ZERO-G
Part #: 1044243-00-A
Order Qty: 4

LUG NUT COVER, ZERO-G
Part #: 1044238-00-A
Order Qty: 20

You seem to not understand the goal of using the far-more-expensive forging process to manufacture wheels ? Hint: It's not to make a wheel that costs 4x as much to produce but is no better than the adequately-strong cast version.

There is a reason Tesla doesn't build its aluminum doors on the Model 3 three times the thickness of the steel door strength equivalent. They make it far less than that so it maintains the required strength for safety while lowering the weight.

Forging aluminum is done to maintain the required strength, not for creating an indestructible "performance" wheel that weighs the same as the cast version and thus offers no more performance than the original (unless you plan on running your Model 3 on the Paris-Dakar rally or a Ken Block Gymkahna video).
I know exactly why someone would want forged wheels over cast or flow formed

Also, I meat forged doesn't always mean ultra lightweight.

But depending on design and load tolerance, they are traditionally lighter than cast wheels.