Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh 2021 front bumper facelift on 2016+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear bumper was pretty straight forward. Plug and play.
IMG_1140.jpeg

View attachment 960812
Just bought this to use for a retrofit on a 2016 Model X everything is included, I also bought those brackets you suggested, what else should I be looking at picking up? Will also start playing with fog lights.
Does that include the aw shoes as well?
Is it per chance off a crash damaged vehicle?

You may find the included sensors need to be removed as the AP1 sensors fitted to your X will use different connectors to the ones on the 22-23 model.

Np. More people that do this retrofit the better for all of us. So we can make this retrofit perfect. Once I get the Fog lights to work, I will let you guys know.
I compared both front. The 2022+ front end are completely different beside the hood, and both fenders are the same. There's no more hepa filter once you removed the storage and i think it got relocated to the wall, not 100% sure. I know all those parts can be bought used and its alot of parts and time consuming.
I have one concerned on how you got the bumper to work. The 2 "member rail" that attached to the "inner motor mount" are different to the older year. Did you have to cut and weld the 2022+ member rail to the old one to the correct length? Or did you used the old member rail and modified the bumper reinforcementt mounting screw holes to attach it?