Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh 2021 front bumper facelift on 2016+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have any update on this @AndreX ?
After playing with all different combinations, both of my FRONT foglights, and amber signals light doesn't turn on anymore even if there's registered voltage.

My instrument turn signal doesnt make any sound and it doesnt illuminate anymore. The select foglight turn on/off doesn't work or display on the monitor. Beside all that, everything still functions like normal even the turn signals worked aside from the front lights.

If anyone have any idea, let me know.

Reactions: Rockwell and lit af
After looking at the other model X above I asked my shop to interchange the 2023 and 2018 aero covers and looks like he has to punch a few holes to make it work but this might be the way to go, which is good cause that is one less part:
View attachment 967992
so looking at the pic it looks like u can use the rearest(i know its not a word lol ) most part of the 2023 and the more fwd part from the 2018?

Reactions: Tstyln
Hahaha. So far to do this modification I modified my reinforcement bar, got new side mounting brackets for the bumper and currently trying to rewrite the fog lights to make them work.
hi any chance u can post a pic of what needs to be modified and how. also the brackets u ordered were for a 2023 im assuming? and did u need them for both front and rear bumper? thanks so much for taking the tiime !

hi any chance u can post a pic of what needs to be modified and how. also the brackets u ordered were for a 2023 im assuming? and did u need them for both front and rear bumper? thanks so much for taking the tiime !
Doing Rockwell way will cost alot of money and times just to transform the whole front end into the refresh 2022+ for one bumper. I've thought about it before and decided not to mess around with the whole original components and choose another way.

I was able to used the refresh bumper to have it mount into the old model with some modifications to the middle bumpet slot clips. Aside from buying the bumper and foglight/bracket you will also need grille front fascia. The only hard part is getting the foglight to work which alot are having a problem with. But I have an idea, just don't have time atm.

Doing Rockwell way will cost alot of money and times just to transform the whole front end into the refresh 2022+ for one bumper. I've thought about it before and decided not to mess around with the whole original components and choose another way.

I was able to used the refresh bumper to have it mount into the old model with some modifications to the middle bumpet slot clips. Aside from buying the bumper and foglight/bracket you will also need grille front fascia. The only hard part is getting the foglight to work which alot are having a problem with. But I have an idea, just don't have time atm.
are u refering to the lower grill part or the part right where the frunk and bumper meet and the "t" is

I used my original “third panel “ and mounted it like this. I also cut the sides of the panel to make it fit. Hopefully this pjot helps.
IMG_1691.jpeg

are u refering to the lower grill part or the part right where the frunk and bumper meet and the "t" is
I'm referring to retrofitting the refresh front bumber to the old model. Just buy those parts i mentioned above and the front valance. As for the rear you'll need the lower bumper fascia/tow cover and diffuser. Both the refresh valance and diffusion will need some modification with the old undertray to make it work.

As for the modification on the refresh bumper. There will be some cut and swap the middle clip along the chrom grill to get it look strong.
I used plastic well/jb weld and bondo to make it look original
Another modification is cut the bumper on each ends to fit both foglights and cut part of lower bumper to fit the duct.

The only thing I still need to make sure is the duct to the opening louver. I haven't have time to look into it yet since I'm still sick.

I'm referring to retrofitting the refresh front bumber to the old model. Just buy those parts i mentioned above and the front valance. As for the rear you'll need the lower bumper fascia/tow cover and diffuser. Both the refresh valance and diffusion will need some modification with the old undertray to make it work.

As for the modification on the refresh bumper. There will be some cut and swap the middle clip along the chrom grill to get it look strong.
I used plastic well/jb weld and bondo to make it look original
Another modification is cut the bumper on each ends to fit both foglights and cut part of lower bumper to fit the duct.

The only thing I still need to make sure is the duct to the opening louver. I haven't have time to look into it yet since I'm still sick.
@AndreX will really appreciate if you could list down exact parts needed to retrofit 2022+ refresh bumper on 2016+ Model X for any new person who check this thread out. The information is all over the place here and it’s not easy to get what exactly is needed to get this to work. Thank you!

@AndreX will really appreciate if you could list down exact parts needed to retrofit 2022+ refresh bumper on 2016+ Model X for any new person who check this thread out. The information is all over the place here and it’s not easy to get what exactly is needed to get this to work. Thank you!
I have list what part we need to retrofit to 2022+ refresh bumper on your Model X section. Please check there

Reactions: taimurasad
Thank you for confirming. Guess I’ll have to order the refresh Valance then.
I was able to order the 2021+ refresh valance ($310), diffuser ($125) and tow hook ($11) from SC for my 2019 MX. But I decline the valance since $310 was too much.
Will see if I get any update and the arrival date.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230912_203416_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230912_203416_Tesla.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: taimurasad