Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you all feel about taking it to automatic car washes?

Rule #1 for internet car forums - never admit to going to a car wash.

On any car forum today if you make major performance modifications, lower the suspension, replace the sound system, tint everything at 5 percent, debadge and dechrome everything and wrap your car to be gold ...... you will get nothing but praise (although many of these will lower resale value and sometimes reliability and safety and risk warranty).

But if you take your car to a car wash - expect to take some serious sh_t. The response will be ..... "WTF?! Dude, what are you doing??"

I'm not telling how I wash my car.

Laughing.

Snade

My last post to the Refreshed “2021 Model 3 Performance Waiting Room" as we transition to next quarter's crew. I wanted to share my post on the RPM Tesla matte carbon fiber replacement dash. Absolute best mod so far and can't recommend it enough, especially for the performance model.

I think it really ties in nice with the performance spoiler (which was also kind of odd, on its own) and the gunmetal Uberturbines bringing everything together just perfect. Here's a link to my review: RPM Tesla Matte Carbon Fiber Dashboard Replacement

Tim

My last post to the Refreshed “2021 Model 3 Performance Waiting Room" as we transition to next quarter's crew. I wanted to share my post on the RPM Tesla matte carbon fiber replacement dash. Absolute best mod so far and can't recommend it enough, especially for the performance model.

I think it really ties in nice with the performance spoiler (which was also kind of odd, on its own) and the gunmetal Uberturbines bringing everything together just perfect. Here's a link to my review: RPM Tesla Matte Carbon Fiber Dashboard Replacement

Tim
You’ll be back :)

Anyone else still waiting on software update? I'm still on a 2020.47.104 and I've tried every trick in the book to get an update but so far nothing. VIN 914xxx, connected to wifi all the time, plugged into a tesla wall charger, advanced software setting set, rebooted like 10 times over the last week, and I get nothing. I even moved one of my access points to the far side of the room so it's directly on the opposite side of the wall from the car. I wish you could just flash a new version and tesla didn't do their standard cryptic no one knows what the hell is goin on approach here.

Anyone else still waiting on software update? I'm still on a 2020.47.104 and I've tried every trick in the book to get an update but so far nothing. VIN 914xxx, connected to wifi all the time, plugged into a tesla wall charger, advanced software setting set, rebooted like 10 times over the last week, and I get nothing. I even moved one of my access points to the far side of the room so it's directly on the opposite side of the wall from the car. I wish you could just flash a new version and tesla didn't do their standard cryptic no one knows what the hell is goin on approach here.
Nothing for me either. Asked the service people and they said call them if I don’t get in a couple of weeks. That was last weekend. Did you try the service center wifi?

Still on factory software here as well. Getting homelink installed on Friday so I figure they’ll push an update then.

Got my car back Friday from ppf/ceramic/tint.
38B14650-0B31-4C17-BAAC-996B2B62908E.jpeg

D09B789B-F66D-4503-AD37-6FBCCBEF974A.jpeg

Got my HomeLink installed. Got to see the new heat pump.

C79163CC-DCE7-4E0D-B747-39258568DF50.jpeg

8D7FA544-0E6E-4F06-A1BE-7DC0FB1C5864.jpeg

Placed the order for my midnight silver/white interior M3P on 3/27 , took delivery 4/2. 6 days total. The end of quarter push is real I am amazed.

Wow, congrats. My experience was similar. I order my M3P about March 9 and the Tesla advisor said my order might get into the March production and you have your car in two weeks, or it could be a wait until June. I took delivery about two and a half weeks later.

I feel very fortunate. The end of quarter push is real, I agree.

Snade

Reactions: Braumin
I'm going to get more info on exactly what happened tomorrow from Service, but just to let all you M3P people who had a March 2021 build date know, mine had 2 faulty rear calipers and it caused rubbing on the drivers rear rotor to the point of vibrations and me thinking the car was falling apart on the highway. It WASN'T noticeable until I had been driving on the highway for a few minutes over 110km/h.

Vin 9144XX Suggest for anyone with a close VIN to take a drive around, not using the brakes, pull over and see if any of the rotors are hot. If they are, you have a caliper problem too and service might need to replace them.

I'll update when I hear back from service, but wanted people to know this was an issue. Also, they gave me a loaner S that's pin locked in Chill Mode... Lame. Feels slower than my 2017 Santa Fe.....