Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interestingly my EDD has been moved from 9/24 to 9/26 to 9/28, each time initiated by the SA. Already received VIN long ago. This a.m., I've even received an automated phone call from Tesla requesting I press '1' to accept 9/28 delivery appt. Upon contacting the SC, the vehicle didn't arrive on 9/26 as expected. May end up pushing them back until Fri. 10/1. So much for Q3.
I ordered 8/22 and I dont have a vin. Been pushed back a ton of times. I'm now at 9/28 to 9/30 no vin. A bunch of people here ordered seeks after me, such as yourself, and already have a vin and a lot delivered

@Trex710 and I are both in the Seattle area, both ordered Model 3 Performance MSM, both have EDD pushed to 9/30 to 10/20 and we have no VIN. @Trekker_ in CA also ordered Model 3 Performance MSM in August and also no VIN.

I just called the 1-888 number. Talked to someone in Portland. He said there is nothing wrong with my order, other than EDD getting pushed out over and over again. :rolleyes:

@Trex710 and I are both in the Seattle area, both ordered Model 3 Performance MSM, both have EDD pushed to 9/30 to 10/20 and we have no VIN. @Trekker_ in CA also ordered Model 3 Performance MSM in August and also no VIN.

I just called the 1-888 number. Talked to someone in Portland. He said there is nothing wrong with my order, other than EDD getting pushed out over and over again. :rolleyes:
Its crazy there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason on how these are made and delivered. That being said I only ordered on 9/3 so it hasn't been that long. But it feels like an eternity especially with all the accessories I have stacking up lol!

Just wanted to add my data to seemingly confirm what everyone else is thinking.
M3P MSM/Black
Ordered: 8/25
Stockton, CA
Original EDD: 9/15-9/30
Current EDD: 9/29-9/30
I have never received any updates from Tesla via email or text regarding delivery or VIN. I actually drove right by the Fremont plant on my way the 49ers game yesterday and they have trailers with cars loaded up in various locations ready to be delivered I assume. I only noticed black and white cars loaded up regardless of the model. I know it is a small sample size and I am sure I only saw a small fraction of what is there but I just wanted to add to thread for others wondering why no MSM cars are going out.

Just wanted to add my data to seemingly confirm what everyone else is thinking.
M3P MSM/Black
Ordered: 8/25
Stockton, CA
Original EDD: 9/15-9/30
Current EDD: 9/29-9/30
I have never received any updates from Tesla via email or text regarding delivery or VIN. I actually drove right by the Fremont plant on my way the 49ers game yesterday and they have trailers with cars loaded up in various locations ready to be delivered I assume. I only noticed black and white cars loaded up regardless of the model. I know it is a small sample size and I am sure I only saw a small fraction of what is there but I just wanted to add to thread for others wondering why no MSM cars are going out.
I took delivery of mine yesterday, so they’re going out. 8/20 order, 9/21 VIN, Fremont pickup.

I guess all I needed to do was comment on here because I just got a VIN and the vision agreement. My EDD moved to 9/30-10/5 which is fine by me if it comes in that window. I hope more VIN's are getting assigned.
Lol no luck here with an order of the same vehicle on 8/20. I'm genuinely a little butthurt as I know with the information Tesla has, they could easily use an automated database to assign estimated delivery dates based on an average of "x amount of vehicles produced per week in this spec" vs how many people have an order on that spec. They could even even use an algorithm to move people around the queue based on factors such as distance from factory and order date and assign a weight to each so a 1 day difference in order date, the farther person would get assigned first but a month difference the older order would be assigned first. It would keep it fair, but also stop people from waiting 3 months when others wait 3 days. If they just didn't worry about an end of quarter push for one quarter, they would be near the same quarterly sales the next quarter while not having such a *sugar* show of delivery times. They could have an EDD range of a week where 90 something percent of orders are correct, and the ones that aren't would be close to original EDD at minimum.

I just really don't see a legitimate reason for the uncertainty of delivery dates. Tesla KNOWS how many cars it produces and average shipping times to each area. I love teslas, very innovative, but their logistics side is just a mess. Now when it comes to software, I will cut them a bunch of slack on missed EDDs. They are paving the way on self driving, so if it takes them a long ass time to add waypoints, whatever

Meanwhile, also in Washington... Ordered on 9/4, MSM Model 3 Performance. Delivered yesterday 9/26.

48477A9B-EB3B-438C-98A2-D423A9FA707E.jpg
707C1F23-265C-4CB8-AE55-14E69D4A134F.jpg

Last edited: