Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn’t plugged in. It was like 45-55 degrees
Remove your widget a couple nights and see how that goes. 45-55 is still a bit cold for your battery so it will try to keep itself warm. Because you say it’s 45-55 I assume your vehicle is outside. If you have sentry on that could be a factor especially if you get a lot of false alarms. If you are ok with turning off sentry - try that as well. I have my X outside and it gets to the high 30’s overnight. I also have sentry on but it’s plugged in so I only lose like 3 miles of range.

Reactions: JER85
For folks who took deliveries of their refreshed MXLR / MXP, are there any of you who are absolutely happy with their car AND had no issues (trim, internals, sensors, etc)? I've test-drove BMW iX and I REALLY liked the ride comfort / trim / overall experience, so now I'm questioning my decision of ordering a MXP.

For folks who took deliveries of their refreshed MXLR / MXP, are there any of you who are absolutely happy with their car AND had no issues (trim, internals, sensors, etc)? I've test-drove BMW iX and I REALLY liked the ride comfort / trim / overall experience, so now I'm questioning my decision of ordering a MXP.

There have been lots of posts in the waiting room thread where folks have reported defect/issue free cars.

Hello All,

Has anyone with the new/ refreshed Model X noticed shudder/ vibration? Apparently it seems to be a pretty wide spread issue with pre-refresh Model Xs.

Appreciate your feedback. I am waiting for my refreshed MXLR: estimated delivery is March.
I did a search on this thread for “shudder” figuring that HAD to be a topic for the refreshed X given the design fail that causes the acceleration shudder on the original and Raven Model X. But I found only this one post. That can’t be right?

Has no one taken their X to a shop yet to confirm if the half shaft and motor mount have been adjusted in the refresh? The fundamental design issue is covered here: Eliminate Inner Tire & Premature Half-Shaft Wear On Tesla X/S!

It’s especially prevalent on performance models where hard acceleration happens a lot so I’m shocked it hasn’t been discussed given the early deliveries have mostly been Plaid. I guess that could be good news that Tesla did fix the issue, but I’d love to know for sure. My new X arrives in January 2023 so I still have time but would like to know if this was fixed! Thanks!

I did a search on this thread for “shudder” figuring that HAD to be a topic for the refreshed X given the design fail that causes the acceleration shudder on the original and Raven Model X. But I found only this one post. That can’t be right?

Has no one taken their X to a shop yet to confirm if the half shaft and motor mount have been adjusted in the refresh? The fundamental design issue is covered here: Eliminate Inner Tire & Premature Half-Shaft Wear On Tesla X/S!

It’s especially prevalent on performance models where hard acceleration happens a lot so I’m shocked it hasn’t been discussed given the early deliveries have mostly been Plaid. I guess that could be good news that Tesla did fix the issue, but I’d love to know for sure. My new X arrives in January 2023 so I still have time but would like to know if this was fixed! Thanks!

What is the "one post"? I don't see a link to any post.

I drove one recently as well and agree it drives beautifully. I prefer the drive in my MX Refresh. Smoother and faster, a lot more power. MX also has a ton more room inside the vehicle. Last, the iX on the outside is hideous, and not just the bucktooth grill. The side profile is awful too. back looks good, imo. BMW just seems stuck in a limited design vocabulary here and it’s too bad bc the technology/drive/quality are all A+ .

I drove one recently as well and agree it drives beautifully. I prefer the drive in my MX Refresh. Smoother and faster, a lot more power. MX also has a ton more room inside the vehicle. Last, the iX on the outside is hideous, and not just the bucktooth grill. The side profile is awful too. back looks good, imo. BMW just seems stuck in a limited design vocabulary here and it’s too bad bc the technology/drive/quality are all A+ .
To add one additional point — the BMW does not use permanent magnet motors and in addition to being more environmentally friendly, they are quieter and don’t whine on heavy acceleration the way all teslas do. So imo if you actually like the look of the car it would be a sound choice.

To add one additional point — the BMW does not use permanent magnet motors and in addition to being more environmentally friendly, they are quieter and don’t whine on heavy acceleration the way all teslas do. So imo if you actually like the look of the car it would be a sound choice.

I can't say I absolutely love the exterior of the iX, but I also don't hate it. A few things (like the lack of frunk and the look of the "back" with the trunk open) are not that great, but also not critical - I've never owned a BMW and all the criticism of the iX is pretty much flying over my head, ha-ha.

Also, according to the dealership I've been to, I'll get my car around June, which is much quicker than the Plaid (not even talking about the LR). Another thing worth mentioning is that I think it's a pretty safe to say that I won't have to pray the alignment / trim / paint / whatever else will be good and I won't have to postpone my delivery for another X weeks / months. Personally, I simply can't discard creaks and rattles (one of the reasons why I'm considering selling my MYP) in a $150k car (especially if it's our one and only car and we depend on it at least 4 days a week).

But man, I do like that insane acceleration, OTAs, frunk and more spacious interior.

Reactions: strider

Mine is relatively free of any issues... I picked it up on Friday and took a 2 hour road trip Saturday morning. This is my first Tesla and I was blown away by the performance.... The car felt so smooth, it was like I was gliding on the road..... I was a huge BMW nerd before and have owned almost every model. Even though I still love BMW I honestly would not give up my Model X for one right now.... It truly is an amazingly engineered vehicle....

tbh I would stick with Tesla right now in terms of EVs. I think they are pretty far ahead of the competition in terms of tech, seamlessness and the Supercharger network... I took a trip with my cousin this summer in a non-tesla EV and it was an absolute nightmare with the third party supercharging networks, soooo inconsistent, speeds sucked, a lot didn't even work, It was the most stressful roadtrip I've ever taken.

As for issues, the only thing I have is that my charge port door won't open with the charger button, but I see a few people having the same problem with the new refreshed port on the X/S models so I'm thinking maybe a software update will fix...... I also thought I was getting too much battery drain overnight, but it turns out having sentry mode is pretty draining... just one of the things I have to learn as a first time Tesla owner.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
I took the delivery of my MXLR last Saturday. I brought 'a checklist' from somewhere on this site with me for the delivery. I checked a couple of items and didn't see any problem. I've driven about 400 miles with my MXLR and haven't found any issue. So far it's perfect! Hope it stays that way. My impression of Tesla's problems is overblown.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I took the delivery of my MXLR last Saturday. I brought 'a checklist' from somewhere on this site with me for the delivery. I checked a couple of items and didn't see any problem. I've driven about 400 miles with my MXLR and haven't found any issue. So far it's perfect! Hope it stays that way. My impression of Tesla's problems is overblown.
I wouldn't say its overblown just because you didn't experience it. It's definitely a thing... when you see almost everyone who picks up a Tesla complain about something across all social platforms; facebook, TMC, reddit, twitter, etc.... it's also been very well documented by youtubers who cover Tesla.... Consider yourself one of the lucky ones and enjoy, but I really think you are in the minority.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm getting lucky. Coincidently we also bought a Model 3 last year and didn't have any issue at all.

I'm saying 'overblown' in the sense that the quality issue isn't as big a problem as it sounds. There's a selection bias: people who experience big problems and lots of problems tend to report them while people who had 'average' experience don't say anything.

Statistically, you are probably right that a Tesla car has more problems than a Lexus car such as GX460 which has changed much for the past 15 years.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm getting lucky. Coincidently we also bought a Model 3 last year and didn't have any issue at all.

I'm saying 'overblown' in the sense that the quality issue isn't as big a problem as it sounds. There's a selection bias: people who experience big problems and lots of problems tend to report them while people who had 'average' experience don't say anything.

Statistically, you are probably right that a Tesla car has more problems than a Lexus car such as GX460 which has changed much for the past 15 years.
'hasn't changed'

About the only thing I don’t like about my MXLR is how long it took to finally get it! But since it’s arrived, it’s been great! I’m coming from a 2018 MX, and the new one is better in just about every way. For the moment, there’s really nothing out there that competes with it. I have yet to have an issue with the new one. I haven’t gotten a software update yet, but I wouldn’t say that’s really an issue, and almost no other vehicle has free OTA updates to the extent of Tesla anyway.

Reactions: JER85 and cirez
Has anyone with the new charge port gotten their door to open automatically with the charger button?

And has anyone been able to get a software update? I am still stuck on 2021.43.202 Although I have no idea how old that is, tesla software versions seem to be all over the place.. I couldn't find a website that lists them neatly and chronologically by release date.

Has anyone with the new charge port gotten their door to open automatically with the charger button?

And has anyone been able to get a software update? I am still stuck on 2021.43.202 Although I have no idea how old that is, tesla software versions seem to be all over the place.. I couldn't find a website that lists them neatly and chronologically by release date.
Yes, mine opens with the charger button no issue. I'm also stuck on same sw version.