Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting this also, but ONLY for the first drive of the day — like it’s still warming up or something. After the first mile or two it’s gone.

Only “flaw” in 3 months / 3k miles is a loud creak in the driver‘s seat — happens whenever I take my foot off the accelerator and regen kicks in. If you change the angle of the seat it‘s not as noticeable. Mobile service won’t fix it, told me I need to take it to a service center - just been procrastinating doing it. I assume the springs in the seat just need replacing - or tightening.

Question — has anyone wrapped their yoke? It came from the factory with a tiny chip in the foam, which is annoying me. Would be happy to just cover it and be done with.

I hope there could be some "yoke cover" just like the conventional steering wheel covers you can find everywhere for 20 bucks. I am not sure why there isn't any on Amazon yet.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I’m getting this also, but ONLY for the first drive of the day — like it’s still warming up or something. After the first mile or two it’s gone.
If you are driving around in Plaid mode (and why wouldn't you? that's why you bought it right?), this vibration is the heat pump running to heat up the battery pack/drive units. Part of Plaid mode is that it keeps the battery pack at an optimal temperature for higher performance. This means when you first start driving in the morning the pack has to be heated.

• Informative
300 wh/mi is really pretty good for such a big heavy vehicle. I don't see there's anything to "fix". There's so many factors at this number... speed is a HUGE factor. In Frisco, if you are on the the Tollway, 380, or 75 and doing normal highway speeds (e.g. 65-75), that IMO is a very good number.
I got 300 on local-only trips, I am actually averaging 352 wh/mi instead of 340. I averaged around 270 wh/mi on my 2018 Model 3 with 19' wheels for 3.5 years and 55k miles in the same area, and that was with 4 winters and for a car without heat pump.

I don't think my driving style is aggressive at all, and I know I shouldn't expect to hit the EPA rating as there are many highway drivings, but 350 is just too high imo

I would recommend getting an alignment. My X on delivery felt fine, drove perfectly straight. But my energy consumption was similar to yours, higher than my 2018. After the alignment, it dropped to 220-240 at 55 mph. At 80 mph, it was only 310. The service advisor opposed my request to the point of not writing it up until I offered to pay for an alignment. It should have been warranty, but I ended up paying $275. I plead my case after the fact, but no response.

I am on 2020.20.8 (still no energy graph)

I got a full frontal PPF. but that was after a full vinyl wrap color change to bright yellow. If not for the color change, I would have skipped the PPF.

Can you post your alignment sheet? Mine was WAY off and tesla aligned it but the front total toe is exactly 0 degrees and I'm betting I need just a bit of negative front toe (toe out) to get the best fuel economy.

Reactions: timberlights
Can you post your alignment sheet? Mine was WAY off and tesla aligned it but the front total toe is exactly 0 degrees and I'm betting I need just a bit of negative front toe (toe out) to get the best fuel economy.
My toe is pretty close to zero as well.

alignment.jpg

I miss having the tire pressures , trip etc on the display. Adjusting the fan speed isn’t as convenient as before since you cant use the steering wheel dial like before.
I’m with you! I have to imagine they’ll introduce some of that functionality back in due time. It does feel a little rushed and lots of little oddities. I’m excited to get the update that brings the energy back.

Reactions: Stin121 and bmah