Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may have been asked and answered hundreds of pages before so apologies in advance but,

I've got a NY order for a 5 seat LR White ext, black int with 22's from March 2021, March estimate delivery in the web app but the mobile app changed to "We're building your vehicle" ... does this mean anything or just stringing along?

Sorry to ask this, but are those summer tires they had you drive away with? Are you getting All seasons? I’m sure this has been asked before, but when i got my Model S Plaid a few months ago, they said tough crap on the 20” with summer tires, so i had to almost immediately get new tires since we had a colder late October and summer tires won‘t cut it.
All I know is that they are continentals. I'm pretty sure they're the summer tires. I do have a set of 20
slipstreams from my old X I just traded and those have dedicated snow tires on them.

Here is the pic of a wheel and tire i snapped at delivery.
IMG_4557.jpeg

Tesla no longer making 5/7 seater plaids were discussed a week or two ago I believe including people getting calls to switch. The uncertainly since then for many of us is whether they will stilll be making 5 or 7 seater LRs and if we would get an option to switch or would they also make LRs required to switch to 6.

Tesla no longer making 5/7 seater plaids were discussed a week or two ago I believe including people getting calls to switch. The uncertainly since then for many of us is whether they will stilll be making 5 or 7 seater LRs and if we would get an option to switch or would they also make LRs required to switch to 6.
If they are only going to the make the 6 seats in LR as well, I'll vote with my pocket and cancel my order (which has already been forced to downgrade from Plaid 7 to LR 7). I will order again once they reintroduce the 7 seaters, which I am sure they will at some point down the road.

Reactions: Pdubb and Kitt9000
The "waived" price is odd. Basically Tesla is eating the $7500 EV credit (which I thought was gone?) and applying that towards the $6500 upgrade price for 5 to 6, so that the actual price due at delivery is unchanged. But your account will continue to show the increased price.
There's no tax credit for Teslas anymore. What Tesla is doing is reducing variation in manufacturing on a model that is very high margin. So the price they're willing to "eat" is more than offset by the price differential between a Plaid and a Long Range.

It may have been asked and answered hundreds of pages before so apologies in advance but,

I've got a NY order for a 5 seat LR White ext, black int with 22's from March 2021, March estimate delivery in the web app but the mobile app changed to "We're building your vehicle" ... does this mean anything or just stringing along?
Everyone's app says this. Doesn't matter when you ordered it. So in other words, it means absolutely nothing. Sorry dude!

Sure wish they would refund me the $6,500 I paid reluctantly after getting the "call" last fall to change from a 5 to 6 seat plaid for end of the year 2021 delivery.

I'm scheduled to pick up the car on 2/4 and was told "no refund for you". (said in the voice of the soup nazi from Sienfield)
I am not quite in the same boat as you, because mine was "upgraded" from 5 seat to 6 seat configuration *after* Tesla indicated that they would make only the latter. My payment due does not (yet) include the $6500 "credit" but I hope it will be before delivery. In any case, I am happy to share my RN and order timeline with you ... that just might be the armoire you need.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
I am not quite in the same boat as you, because mine was "upgraded" from 5 seat to 6 seat configuration *after* Tesla indicated that they would make only the latter. My payment due does not (yet) include the $6500 "credit" but I hope it will be before delivery. In any case, I am happy to share my RN and order timeline with you ... that just might be the armoire you need.
I appreciate it!. I spoke to Giovanni at Tesla who has contacted many for the Plaid “upgrade” to 6 seats this year. He stated only my SA “Mike” could make any changes to what we had paid (previously Mike had denied that Tesla is now giving the 6 seat plaid upgrade at no charge). After Giovanni spoke with our SA, Mike stated that it was our decision to pay the $6,500 when he called last year. Even though we initially declined it we decided to call back and pay because we wanted the car before the end of the year since like many we have been sharing one car sine July 2021 in anticipation of the X delivery that kept being pushed out.

So as it sits I don’t know anyone to contact to try and get the $6,500 credited back to our account. Another forum member gave me his RN number as he also got the free upgrade call on his plaid but per our SA Mike it doesn’t matter :-(

I really wish he'd look inside those tents beside the test track. I wonder if they're performing whatever finishing work all those Xs have been waiting on.
I think that's what you should assume. There was one time when it was sort of viewed, and they were working on an X in there. Otherwise, what would be the point of putting a tent out there - a rave?

I appreciate it!. I spoke to Giovanni at Tesla who has contacted many for the Plaid “upgrade” to 6 seats this year. He stated only my SA “Mike” could make any changes to what we had paid (previously Mike had denied that Tesla is now giving the 6 seat plaid upgrade at no charge). After Giovanni spoke with our SA, Mike stated that it was our decision to pay the $6,500 when he called last year. Even though we initially declined it we decided to call back and pay because we wanted the car before the end of the year since like many we have been sharing one car sine July 2021 in anticipation of the X delivery that kept being pushed out.

So as it sits I don’t know anyone to contact to try and get the $6,500 credited back to our account. Another forum member gave me his RN number as he also got the free upgrade call on his plaid but per our SA Mike it doesn’t matter :-(

Mike sucks, dude. I'd ask for his manager.

I am sending you my contact (who just called me, yes! imagine that) in NV to say that the Seattle folks needed to draft the final papers but he assured me that it would happen.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
I like the FSD package (but then again I like the yoke a lot so take that into account).

If you can afford it - meaning you will not miss the money for something more life critical - then I say go for it. I like it and use it often but most of my driving is highway and the NOA works well for me. As a true investment at this stage of FSD, I do not see it as a good one.
I think most people who can afford 100K+ can easily afford the extra 10K.... Its a matter of principal... I don't want to give Tesla money for something that is half baked and nowhere near ready. Chances are that by the time it is ready I will have moved on to a different car.... And that's if it ever is ready, lets face it Elon is a little bit of a scam artist.... He's been making promises and dangling a carrot in front of people for years now while happily taking their money........ I have a buddy who paid for FSD, has a 98 score and has yet to be invited to the beta. I always joke with him that he paid for something that he can't even use. Its a huge joke.

I think most people who can afford 100K+ can easily afford the extra 10K.... Its a matter of principal... I don't want to give Tesla money for something that is half baked and nowhere near ready. Chances are that by the time it is ready I will have moved on to a different car.... And that's if it ever is ready, lets face it Elon is a little bit of a scam artist.... He's been making promises and dangling a carrot in front of people for years now while happily taking their money........ I have a buddy who paid for FSD, has a 98 score and has yet to be invited to the beta. I always joke with him that he paid for something that he can't even use. Its a huge joke.
Until he gets it. And he loves using it.

Thing is for those of us who have paid a premium for “capability” that we hardly use every day, all day. We use it as and when we may want —need— to. Like distronic option on a gls or 10 Degree rear wheel turn, or gesture control, or a myriad of others.

$10k will buy you the ultimate “value promise” of a Tesla, setting it apart from everyone. We may die before using it fully, but we’d smile all the way to the grave.

You cannot get it retro put on your account if you did not fall within the time that Tesla was offering it you don’t get it

Hmm this has me thinking they may give a decent deal on my 2016 X.. if they offered 65 on my 2016x 90D with 85k miles I’d take it and keep the 3
When they gave a quote back in Feb. when I ordered the LR their price was about $37k. I still have it, but it's sold to buyer who agreed to wait until I get my new one. Also, 85k miles. Would a price in the 50's be a good deal for waiting?