Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered March 14/2021. LR 5 seater, 20" no FSD, live in Canada.

Had May EDD yesterday, now have August. Which of course is BS.

We have a Y on order for delivery in June, we'll probably have that car for 3 years before the X arrives. Lol

So frustrating....
Same here. I'm in Canada as well. LR 5 seater with FSD. Ordered March 18, 2021. Was May yesterday, now August. Sigh...
1645031473329.png

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Well, at this point call the service center. Let them know exactly what has happened, take as many pictures as possible - make sure there's timestamps. Also video it and include the mileage so they have as little as possible to argue over. Don't move the car until all of that is done. Regardless of the circumstances, the attitude is unacceptable.
Just got off the phone with service. They said it left the service center with no damage. They said it's a service issue now since I clicked accept, and no longer a delivery issue. I explained this car wouldn't even pass inspection in the State of Texas as safe to drive. Super annoying to spend $135k and to be in this position. Delivery personnel said they will no longer be taking my call, "we've done our job."

Well...August. Just f'n wonderful. Anyone who wants to defend Tesla through this - please don't. This situation cannot be solely due to: parts backlog, "production is hard" - it's a FUBAR situation and I absolutely believe that either they've absolutely screwed this refresh up in engineering (by my recollection the refresh ramp-up is actually slower than the initial production back in 2015/6) or they're looking at changing things to include something that isn't expected 🤣 - yeah, not happening. I suspect that this may have something to do with the heat pump/octovalve manifold issues as well.

Things I'm grateful for: 1) I still have a car (maybe - if Tesla responds to me back about the buyout), 2) that I'm still in line 😂, 3) that at the rate Tesla is going, Model X deliveries will happen about the same time I expect the Rivian, so perhaps there will be a conscious decision to be made.

Also to note - adaptive headlights have been approved by the feds!

Just got off the phone with service. They said it left the service center with no damage. They said it's a service issue now since I clicked accept, and no longer a delivery issue. I explained this car wouldn't even pass inspection in the State of Texas as safe to drive. Super annoying to spend $135k and to be in this position. Delivery personnel said they will no longer be taking my call, "we've done our job."
WOW! All I can say is to escalate it. Ask for the service manager, and if not satisfied escalate it higher. If there's another service center that's within distance, you might want to contact them as well.

Reactions: Elixir
Be sure to video the mileage along with the crack in the windshield and time. I could foresee the SC saying the crack happened while you were driving and isn’t covered under warranty.

Tesla needs to have a Zoom meeting and invite all current Model X owners who have been waiting 6+ months on their cars and experienced the pure crap, and explain what has happened, what is going on, why things are being delayed and give us a realistic expectation for how they plan to improve the delivery and more importantly customer communication.

A good starting point for people waiting over a year would be free supercharging and free FSD for as long as the original owner owns the car.

At this point, Tesla is one big ****ing joke. Lies, lies lies.

I hope whomever is in charge of this model X refresh has been fired.

Enough excuses... Tesla needs some accountability and to show they are doing something about it.

I love RRs, but they're objectively some of the worst quality cars in existence. I'd recommend reading about Doug DeMuro's brief Range Rover odyssey for a glimpse into the terrible reliability of that brand (but his experience is not atypical at all).
I have a Velar and my wife has a new Defender. Love the style, so not a fan of the glitchy entertainment system and electronics. My Velar was a lease for which I was to turn in after my hopeful Q1 MXLR delivery but that went to crap today.

Reactions: daftskunk
Just got an email cancelling my 7 seater order. Stating they are no longer making that configuration, I can update to the 6 seater at the new pricing though!!! Wow, so down grade my configuration and pay 18k more? This is ridiculous, I get they are having issues but this is not how to handle them.

Order date 5/1/2021
Blue
Plaid
White interior
7 seater

• Informative
Reactions: mr-dmitry and retco