Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to one of the managers at the delivery center last week about my Model X order and I was told that Tesla was ready to send out a massive update to all the reservations. So I just wonder if that is the one that he mentioned…
I was talking to my cousin who has a friend in Trinidad and Tobago. He said that he heard from someone who had a relative at a street corner near a Tesla Service Center that overheard one of their employees at a Taco Bell saying that the refreshed Model X had swollen quarter panel flares.

Personally, I don’t believe it because all of the Model X mules we’ve seen look completely normal. I’m gonna check in with Nikki Minaj later to see if she has any updated information.

And that’s about what Tesla employees at service centers know about pretty much anything.

Here's our glass guy. He looks a lot like your tint and wrap guy, and so does this shop we're shooting in, but we promise he's really good and we promise Fremont is still a car factory and isn't just making tequila bottles

I hope they make more of these. This is the kind of content a manufacture should put out on every aspect of their design and manufacturing process if they're not going to have a press office

Reactions: c_v_h
Here's our glass guy. He looks a lot like your tint and wrap guy, and so does this shop we're shooting in, but we promise he's really good and we promise Fremont is still a car factory and isn't just making tequila bottles

I hope they make more of these. This is the kind of content a manufacture should put out on every aspect of their design and manufacturing process if they're not going to have a press office

And let’s feature him in a car we haven’t sold in almost a year…. just to tease all the buyers who we haven’t said a single word to about it.

Reactions: SpaceCash
The new Tesla glass video on YouTube appears to have them sitting in a refresh Model X. So at least we know someone is working on it.
Good observation... I have to say that after being one of the first 2,000 people to get the original Model X, I don't really mind the wait, since it means they are able to add innovations along the way. Many new releases from Tesla have been rushed and half-baked and my hope is that this delay will result in a better product for all of us.

We took delivery of a Model S Plaid ordered 5/24/2021 on 6/25/2021. Previously 2 other vehicles (X LR and then S LR) on order and from other threads decided Plaid coming 1st which turned out to be correct. Sales Department didn't have a clue what was coming 1st but just wanted a vehicle ASAP since we sold our other 2 SUVs. So here we are with 1 Model Y since March and sold the new S Plaid in July and then reordered Model X Plaid. We originally ordered on Salesmen's recommendation an X LR which we wanted in the 1st place. Delivery date RN 115364 X Plaid was January and now disappeared?

Attachments

• Tesla Plaid_070121.jpg
    Tesla Plaid_070121.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Yeah, I just got the January placeholder as well - for whatever "value" that holds.

Tesla should be answering for this. A production line suddenly ended, an initial expectation to restart of 2 months, then 4 months and eventually turns into a year plus? Sorry, but the excuses won't cover it. Whoever planned this fiasco has done a sh** job - period.