Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine mid 2021 and received it 12/2021.

Separately, have you ordered a car from another manufacturer before? I ordered another car from a manufacturer in 2021 and my order was plagued with issues and delayed numerous times. You seem to think that this is an issue that's isolated to Tesla. All in all it took nearly a year for me to receive my vehicle and even then it was missing functions like telescopic steering wheel and 2nd key. The vehicle in question was about twice the amount I paid for my Plaid FYI.
I Can chime in here as well... In April 2021 I ordered a Jeep Grand Cherokee.. It took 9 months to arrive, Zero contact or updates during the order process.. I was given the Vin weeks after it was built and already in transit. As with any car i order, I frequent the forums for that model (as im doing here...) and was riddled with people having issue after issue. Im not talking about misaligned doors that can easily be fixed.. I'm talking about people who get stranded on the side of the road because the key fob stops working, or the entire electrical system dies....
One month in to owning my Jeep, we started to have a electric burning smell, and the screens started to flicker.. As with many others we were told that it was nothing to worry about and would be corrected in a future software update.....
We sold it about 2 weeks ago, Not our problem. The jeep was a temporary vehicle until the X gets here anyway, Didn't expect it to also take a year to come in... Being I am this close to the X i was comfortable going back down to 1 vehicle until its time.

... where the person makes 💩 up when they don't know the answer? Both Tesla and traditional dealers are very skilled at that.

Yeah.. But when they lie to my face I can go back to face the same person and get some satisfaction out of making trouble. I have no shame, ill go full male-Karyn. 😂 And at dealerships the manager can do something like throw in a first aid kit or free routine maintenance (speaking from experience) Tesla SAs have 0 compensation power.

Opinion: It would really mean so much to so many if they even threw in a free supercharging session or two. Considering all those with lifetime free supercharging, this should cost them next to nothing to give to a few hundred MX orders waiting 365+ days. I am not even saying lifetime free, just match the referral bonus.

I went to the Tesla store in White Plains NY the other month and the reps on the floor have 0 back-end knowledge, they actually place orders with customers using the regular Tesla.com interface. They are no more helpful for existing orders than the 800 number :(

</rant>

I Can chime in here as well... In April 2021 I ordered a Jeep Grand Cherokee.. It took 9 months to arrive, Zero contact or updates during the order process.. I was given the Vin weeks after it was built and already in transit. As with any car i order, I frequent the forums for that model (as im doing here...) and was riddled with people having issue after issue. Im not talking about misaligned doors that can easily be fixed.. I'm talking about people who get stranded on the side of the road because the key fob stops working, or the entire electrical system dies....
One month in to owning my Jeep, we started to have a electric burning smell, and the screens started to flicker.. As with many others we were told that it was nothing to worry about and would be corrected in a future software update.....
We sold it about 2 weeks ago, Not our problem. The jeep was a temporary vehicle until the X gets here anyway, Didn't expect it to also take a year to come in... Being I am this close to the X i was comfortable going back down to 1 vehicle until its time.
I should also add that I BEGGED my dealer to give me an allocation for a $50k premium over MSRP. Once my dealer deemed me worthy they took my money and told me they’d put me in line for an allocation. I took a couple of months for them to secure an allocation on top of the year it took for me to receive the car. The ordering process will get much better when Tesla begins producing vehicles at scale out of Austin. They’re dealing with record demand and challenging supply issues. Give them a break! You’ll get your car when it’s ready.

As an aside the Plaid X is the best car I’ve ever owned.

Anyone using USAA for insurance on your Long Range X? If so, does it show up on your account as '2022 TESLA XPERFORMANCE' in the description? I find it strange that they would reference the Long Range VIN as a Performance. Now I'm wondering if the quoted rate is actually for a Plaid.

Anyone using USAA for insurance on your Long Range X? If so, does it show up on your account as '2022 TESLA XPERFORMANCE' in the description? I find it strange that they would reference the Long Range VIN as a Performance. Now I'm wondering if the quoted rate is actually for a Plaid.
Mine show Performance, I use USAA, before the plaid the MX had a Performance model like the M3P

Ehhhh... Agree to disagree 😂

I love the direct-to-consumer online model. But even while not in normal times there is something to be said about the communication and one on one human interaction of a dealership. I want to look the person responsible for my order dead in the eyes and ask "when is my car coming" as opposed to the current model of SAs who know nothing about the internal workings of their company.

I guess that's where we differ. I have no interest in interacting with humans during the ordering process.

Yeah.. But when they lie to my face I can go back to face the same person and get some satisfaction out of making trouble. I have no shame, ill go full male-Karyn. 😂 And at dealerships the manager can do something like throw in a first aid kit or free routine maintenance (speaking from experience) Tesla SAs have 0 compensation power.

Oh yea, I guess SA is NOT a revolving door position so I'm sure they'll still be there when you go back to complain ;)
That would just waste too much time. Too many other things to spend my time on to waste it on confronting an SA about the lies they told me.

Reactions: gglockner

When I did the quote online the other day with USAA to mock add the X to my existing multi car plan, they had both X and X Performance as options.

Today afternoon, there was a software update notice. I downloaded it and then it said it would take 50 mins to update. I left it alone and a little while earlier I got a notification on my phone about the update being completed. Don't know what feature came in or what changed with the update.
Whenever a download finishes, the first time you get back into the car a huge splash screen shows up detailing everything that has changed in the software update. Sometimes we're in a rush to get moving and swipe the screen away. You can always go to the software window and hit the version number or around there, and the release notes for the new software update gets displayed.

Hi, I just scheduled my in-home delivery (LR 6 seats) for March 26 at 2:00 PM. .
I am in Houston TX, can my fellow Texans that have already received their X tell me if we are in charge of doing the Title , Registration and license plates, or Tesla will do it?
I assume that since Tesla doen't use dealers, we need to do it.
Please help.

Thanks
You will get pacakge in mail in about two week (Fedex from Fremont)... you take that package and get it registered your self (paying Sales Tax).... remember if for any reason State Inspection is missing (should be in your dash) dont worry about it. In Texas brand new cars registering for the first time doesn't need state inspection to register the first time.

Opinion: It would really mean so much to so many if they even threw in a free supercharging session or two. Considering all those with lifetime free supercharging, this should cost them next to nothing to give to a few hundred MX orders waiting 365+ days. I am not even saying lifetime free, just match the referral bonus.

I went to the Tesla store in White Plains NY the other month and the reps on the floor have 0 back-end knowledge, they actually place orders with customers using the regular Tesla.com interface. They are no more helpful for existing orders than the 800 number :(

</rant>
I don't know about you, but I can't see the positive in being a full male or female Karyn. But that free supercharging is a great idea and so easy to accomplish for Tesla.

Reactions: retco and gglockner
Id go for it.. Depending on your state, it may mean lower property tax when registering the car because its considered one year old. Either way its still a brand new car. Plus you'll likely still have radar! which is a huge plus to me.
My field of dreams 2021 MXLR that i picked up this past Saturday has radar. It allows up to 90mph under autopilot. Still the most amazing car i ever driven. You fall in love more and more each day :)

I think it varies by State. In Kentucky you pay for sales tax when it's inspected. We're picking up in Cincy - going back to KY. That's the way our model 3 was a few years back. My guess would be that they already know your State laws and either add tax in or leave it off. Mine doesn't show the tax portion like yours does.
Same here - in TX my tax line is 0.

I ordered mine mid 2021 and received it 12/2021.

Separately, have you ordered a car from another manufacturer before? I ordered another car from a manufacturer in 2021 and my order was plagued with issues and delayed numerous times. You seem to think that this is an issue that's isolated to Tesla. All in all it took nearly a year for me to receive my vehicle and even then it was missing functions like telescopic steering wheel and 2nd key. The vehicle in question was about twice the amount I paid for my Plaid FYI.
While I understand what you're saying about supply chain issues, then why exactly would Tesla cold call order holders to switch to 6 seaters so they could deliver it before end of 2021 and now it's - what, July or August for those same orders? I get that there's issues over supply chain, but Tesla has serious scr**ed the pooch on this one - even as Musk acknowledges, but there's certainly no details forthcoming.

Thanks a lot for that info... so at the DMV you also apply for Title and pay the 6.25% taxes of the car value.... correct?

Yes, I believe that is correct. My order agreement and loan documents do not include the sales tax anywhere, so I assume I will have to pay it at the DMV. The purchase document that they send us should also include the trade-in value so that we can get the sales tax credit (assuming you traded in a vehicle).

• Informative
Reactions: 1pinhigh