Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear you.
As Musk said last night, the past few years have been really tough. I believe Tesla will make things right and will continue to get better.
I’m pretty sure other auto mfrs have had similar problems exacerbated by the whole economic/supply chain breakdown/work shutdowns.
Yes, everyone is dealing with crazy supply chain issues. If Tesla's problems were solely delays in delivering cars, I would agree with you 100%. But delivering poorly made cars and bad software is 100% Tesla's fault and is an "own goal." These things have NOTHING to do with supply chain and EVERYTHING to do with Tesla's ineptness and consistent immaturity. People keep making excuses that Tesla is a "young" company. BS. Tesla has been around long enough to know better.

They willfully ship cars that are poorly built and software that is buggy. What the heck have those developers been doing for the last 2 years while the S/X were being redesigned? It doesn't take much to build a mock-up of the Refresh instrument clusters and start writing and testing code.

You can believe all you want, but I can tell you as a customer for the last 12 years, that Tesla has been going downhill since the 3 was rolled out. It is steadily getting worse, not better. Adding Semi, CT, a 4-wheeler, a robotaxi, and an actual robot will further distract the company from the business of making high quality vehicles.

Elon himself does not care about "boring" things like quality control and customer service. So he does not invest in them. he only cares about the new shiny bit of new technology. So far that has carried the company (Here I am waiting on an X Plaid because of the extraordinary performance) and it may continue to do so. But the problems that we are facing will not be fixed as long as Elon is at the helm because he simply doesn't believe that they are problems or he believes that customers will continue to look past these problems to have the latest tech.
Now this could all mean nothing since I had the entire front wrapped in painters tape. I'm hoping that increased drag a lot. The only other explanation that would have a fix would be alignment. If it isn't either of those, then Tesla used different EPA schedules to arrive at rated for the MXP than they did for my P85D.
Hi @sorka thank you for the write up and continued updates.

I had one thought about your energy consumption. What tires did they install on your car? If the car was certified w/ hard compound/low rolling resistance/all-seasons and you are rolling on sticky summer/performance rubber, that would have an impact on your consumption.

Here's the current state of all the undelivered cars (based on the info in the Order Tracking Sheet - have you updated it with your car's current status?)

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 11.36.37 AM.png

This and more slicing and dicing done over at the many dashboards at this location.

So I ordered the MY first giving me EDD of July 2022 but after a test drive I felt the MX was more my speed. I made a second order choosing the MX with a EDD of January 2023. No problem I'll just take the MY drive it around for a couple of months and use it towards the MX when it comes but now the MY EDD has change to October -January 2023. In you guys opinion should I just take both cars and sell off the MY or just give my MY order to someone else and wait on the MX?
You should do absolutely nothing right now. Keep both reservations, I have a feeling your MY will move up again. When the time comes opt for the X…. It’s a much better vehicle

How much did that converter cost?
That's a sore point. Tesla no longer sells CHAdeMO adapters in the US, so the only option with reliable supply is to buy used on eBay, where the current price is $800-900. That is about double the price that Tesla charged when they were new! As for CCS, Tesla sells an adapter in S Korea that will work in the US, and many of us believe they will sell it soon in the US, but it's not available yet. The EVHub CCS adapter will also work, but people in Ukraine have more urgent priorities besides fulfilling orders from wealthy US shoppers.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjkosh and lexus26
rofl-gif-4.gif

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Based on my experience, legacy auto manufacturers have issues with supply. But I don't believe they have shipped cars missing parts.

Here I agree. This thread is currently 1531 pages of stress and complaints. Anyone happy with the car has moved on. I am sticking around to help answer questions and share an occasional 💩 post.
Yes they are shipping without parts:

and this:

and this about BMW's:

Just got a call this morning from California and was told to expect delivery to Toronto, Canada May to June for my MXLR red and white 5 seater with 20s.🙏
Got a similar call for my X Plaid earlier this week. Claimed I will probably be one of the first to get it in Canada. My EDD updated to next week then to August again. I’m not holding my breath.

Yes, everyone is dealing with crazy supply chain issues. If Tesla's problems were solely delays in delivering cars, I would agree with you 100%. But delivering poorly made cars and bad software is 100% Tesla's fault and is an "own goal." These things have NOTHING to do with supply chain and EVERYTHING to do with Tesla's ineptness and consistent immaturity. People keep making excuses that Tesla is a "young" company. BS. Tesla has been around long enough to know better.

They willfully ship cars that are poorly built and software that is buggy. What the heck have those developers been doing for the last 2 years while the S/X were being redesigned? It doesn't take much to build a mock-up of the Refresh instrument clusters and start writing and testing code.

You can believe all you want, but I can tell you as a customer for the last 12 years, that Tesla has been going downhill since the 3 was rolled out. It is steadily getting worse, not better. Adding Semi, CT, a 4-wheeler, a robotaxi, and an actual robot will further distract the company from the business of making high quality vehicles.

Elon himself does not care about "boring" things like quality control and customer service. So he does not invest in them. he only cares about the new shiny bit of new technology. So far that has carried the company (Here I am waiting on an X Plaid because of the extraordinary performance) and it may continue to do so. But the problems that we are facing will not be fixed as long as Elon is at the helm because he simply doesn't believe that they are problems or he believes that customers will continue to look past these problems to have the latest tech.

Hi @sorka thank you for the write up and continued updates.

I had one thought about your energy consumption. What tires did they install on your car? If the car was certified w/ hard compound/low rolling resistance/all-seasons and you are rolling on sticky summer/performance rubber, that would have an impact on your consumption.

It's the Michilin Latitude Sport 3 summer only tire. Sticky summer tires are typically not as efficient as all season tires so that for sure could be part of the problem. I'm not going to call it a problem until I've had a chance to test again without the painters tape on.....which could be quite some time.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
So I ordered the MY first giving me EDD of July 2022 but after a test drive I felt the MX was more my speed. I made a second order choosing the MX with a EDD of January 2023. No problem I'll just take the MY drive it around for a couple of months and use it towards the MX when it comes but now the MY EDD has change to October -January 2023. In you guys opinion should I just take both cars and sell off the MY or just give my MY order to someone else and wait on the MX?
Take both. Easy answer.

• Funny
Reactions: gglockner
I get it. I like the old software better than the new. But I'd welcome your review of the pristine software constantly being pushed out over the air by the other car companies. I'll wait.

While I'm there, Tesla's theme is "to accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable energy". If you'd listen, Elon repeats this time and time again. 100 times. So do his guys. Almost every chance they get. Right now it's about volume of EV's sent into the populace to accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable energy. You may not believe that goal is important like me for a myriad of reasons. But Tesla is pretty predictable in heading for this target. Listen to them from ALL thru the years you've had your Teslas-- and then understand it. Today it is volume, which is way more important to them than the fact that you have to make a service appt after getting your refresh. I know I'll be making my appt when that time comes. Are the days lone gone from the silent generation where they put aside personal goals for important world and national goals?

Reactions: cjkosh
I hadn't thought of that. I was happy to have All Seasons since I have in the back a set of summer tires for my '18 100D that I can still use. But I do believe they ship both on Plaids and LR's. Not sure Tesla logic here since some northern peeps get the summers when they have snow on the ground, so it's a crap shoot.