Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This all sounds great, but feels like more waiting. I am literally near my breaking point. I originally ordered pre-refresh. Been over 14 months. The lack of communication is obviously difficult, but the countless stories of people taking delivery on their vehicles that were ordered well after mine is starting to wear on me.

Seriously considering an X5M. Really want to be in electric, but no viable alternative to Tesla and Tesla simply won’t let me buy one of their cars.

I was thinking about that too but feels like they will start production 7 seater right after I change mine to 5 or 6 seater, like stock😢
I had a 5 seat order, and for the longest time they were only producing 6 seaters. I switched my order from 5 seat to 6 seat (without being prompted by Tesla) and like a week later they started delivering 5 seaters. Meanwhile I'm still at July EDD...

So my wife saw an MX with White interior this morning and now wants to change our interior to White. I sent Jorge an email to ask if we can change even though we've been VINed. May be a Plaid/Blue/Black/6/20 available for someone in Kansas City soon.

This all sounds great, but feels like more waiting. I am literally near my breaking point. I originally ordered pre-refresh. Been over 14 months. The lack of communication is obviously difficult, but the countless stories of people taking delivery on their vehicles that were ordered well after mine is starting to wear on me.

Seriously considering an X5M. Really want to be in electric, but no viable alternative to Tesla and Tesla simply won’t let me buy one of their cars.
If you're looking at an X5, why not an iX? I believe they are the same size and range and performance are comparable to Model X (315 miles of range and 4 second 0-60).

I had a 5 seat order, and for the longest time they were only producing 6 seaters. I switched my order from 5 seat to 6 seat (without being prompted by Tesla) and like a week later they started delivering 5 seaters. Meanwhile I'm still at July EDD...

Take a deep breath, it could be worse if you had ordered 7 seater,

Right? It is happening for real to people here which is so frustrating!!! BTW, sorry to here your story 😢

Reactions: Fleetwood75
Well, I'm 5 months ahead of you by order date and my EDD also says July, so I'm not quite sure how that will all work out??

Reactions: JackD

Very frustrating indeed! 14 months, wow. I too feel the same way that Tesla does not want to give me or my wife one of their cars! Lol, but indeed frustrating as heck. We're first time Tesla buyers, now w/ one ICE car. No update on my 7 seater X order w/ TBD for last few months, and my wife ordered a Model 3 early feb, w/ a range then, but no updates for 2 months at all! We just have no idea if both our orders are lost, neglected, does anyone at Tesla care at all?!

I've owned Teslas as well as BMW's. Recently X3M and currently an M3Cx. People might point you to an iX but I would try to talk you out of. BMW is still in early stages of full-blown EV platform development and I personally am skipping this generation. I have a Tesla Model X on order but after driving a couple of M vehicles I'll tell you that you'll be just fine skipping a Tesla for a year or two, enjoying what might be the last generation of non-hybrid M vehicles, and then coming back to Tesla after they get their quality control back in order. At least that where I'm leaning.

So my wife saw an MX with White interior this morning and now wants to change our interior to White. I sent Jorge an email to ask if we can change even though we've been VINed. May be a Plaid/Blue/Black/6/20 available for someone in Kansas City soon.

If you're looking at an X5, why not an iX? I believe they are the same size and range and performance are comparable to Model X (315 miles of range and 4 second 0-60).
Open to looking at it, but don’t know much about it. From what I heard it, it’s funky looking? Also, is it even gettable?

I've owned Teslas as well as BMW's. Recently X3M and currently an M3Cx. People might point you to an iX but I would try to talk you out of. BMW is still in early stages of full-blown EV platform development and I personally am skipping this generation. I have a Tesla Model X on order but after driving a couple of M vehicles I'll tell you that you'll be just fine skipping a Tesla for a year or two, enjoying what might be the last generation of non-hybrid M vehicles, and then coming back to Tesla after they get their quality control back in order. At least that where I'm leaning.
I hear you. My wife is out of town last weekend and took my GMC Denali. I had her X5 all weekend. It was such a breeze to drive. The M sport would be a bit more my speed! I test drove it a few years ago and liked it. Really thinking about it. I’ve been a loyal Tesla customer since 2012. But, I literally feel like they are trying to push me away.

I sympathize with your situation. Don't let Tesla get the best of you. It's just a car. X5M is a nice SAV. Your sanity is more important.

Reactions: jbrowdy
Well, I'm 5 months ahead of you by order date and my EDD also says July, so I'm not quite sure how that will all work out??
How many seats on yours? Doesn't say in your signature. For what it's worth, I'd gladly wait for mine until all June 2021 and earlier orders have been delivered. Although I obviously want mine ASAP, it's only fair that people who have been waiting longer than me get theirs first. Doesn't seem like they're operating that way though.

I’m waiting for the news for ‘7 seater production start from now!’ 🕺🏻
Me too! Hard to believe they decided to give 2 people (as we know of) w/ 7 seater orders a date range, then they just sighed, thought sliding second row seat benches are just too hard of a problem to tackle, gave up, and went back to 5/6 seat production. :confused:

Last edited: